Simon Property Group

www.simon.com

The Mills

Operations Director (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsSimon is well recognized as a leader and we can be proud of working for them. The Company is very secure and has great procedures and processes in place.

ConsWorking in the Mills division complicated everything. They choose to interpret the Simon procedures their own way and spend 20 minutes arguing about how to do something for which Simon already has a clearly defined procedure. Projects, critical to the property operation do not progress because our regional takes up to 6 weeks to review. When they are reviewed, a missing comma or a period at the end of the sentence missing triggers a kickback and restarts the 6 week counter. As a result no savings or favorable renegotiation ideas are presented, for fear of dealing with the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire regional VPs who understand the bigger picture and do not spend ten dollars tripping over a penny. People have to feel appreciated and motivated, otherwise we all fail. Try to not to be so hardcore as the MILLs just be Simon and you will be fine.

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Simon Property Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great place to make connections and get your foot in… Cons: Not much room for advancement. Salary not the best. Advice to Senior Management: Give employees a better feeling of job security. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Simon Property Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I really liked working at Simon Property Group. Great company, great coworkers.… Cons: Simon Property Group does not pay for parking for interns. Advice to Senior Management: Good Job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Simon Property Group.

Worked for Simon Property Group? Contribute to the Community!