There are newer employer reviews for Simon Property Group

Management is Lacking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros

I was able to learn much about the industry and about current technical methodologies. I was not micro-managed. The company has a great year end party where the goals of the following year are stated. It is a public company, but family run. And, you will feel apart of the family.

In Accounting, promotions were given and goals were clearly defined. Everyone was treated with respect. It was a fun, challenging place to work while I worked in the accounting department.

Cons

I also worked in the IT department. This was night and day compared to Accounting. It was very political in IT. The department continually has to justify it's existence. And, in doing so, when things go wrong, a scape goat is found. That person is not treated with respect. I saw it happen time and time again and finally left before it became my turn to be the scape goat.

To accounting - keep up the good work. To IT - Support your employees. They will support you back in return. Understand that you, as management, can make mistakes and you do not always need to publicly flog your employees when they make mistakes (this is an observation - it did not happen to me)

110 Other Employee Reviews for Simon Property Group (View Most Recent)

decent compensation for decent work.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Simon Property Group

Pros

Working at Simon Conglomerate provides decent opportunities, but advancement is unlikely. Experiences of employment at one of their branches are often varied, depending on which section or branch you work as. Simon also provides a great networking opportunity, and most of the staff is competent.

Cons

Since the company is relatively large, it is difficult for a voice to be heard. However, management addresses issues that are brought to their attention, which does give certain employees opportunities to voice their complaints.

Less micromanagement; allow employees more freedom to work on their own will. However, as previously mentioned, experiences are varied depending on the branch that you apply for.

Field operations

Former Employee - Mall Marketing
    Former Employee - Mall Marketing

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros

Fast paced enviroment; constant projects and management requests. Wear many hats. Work the weekend shift and take a day off during the week. Shop the sales. Retailers and customers are typically pleasant to work with.

Cons

Fast paced enviroment; constant projects and management requests. Wear many hats. Small staffs to support expectations. Lots of reporting. Small budgets. Helicopter management.

keep innovating and upgrading

There are newer employer reviews for Simon Property Group

Worked for Simon Property Group? Contribute to the Community!