Simplex Investments

www.simplexinvestments.com
  www.simplexinvestments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Simplex Investments

Great place to learn about options

Former Employee - Trader Intern
Former Employee - Trader Intern

I worked at Simplex Investments

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Simplex even though I ended up taking a different job. It's a great place to learn options theory, and their technology and development team is top notch. If you're interested in algo trading, these guys can teach you a lot.

Cons

Simplex is a specialized firm that trades only equity options with no directional risk, and all strategies and ideas must fit that mold.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Simplex Investments (View Most Recent)

Cutting Edge Tech, Great Environment, Supportive Community

Current Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Simplex Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Full IT staff in office, wonderful help desk. Top notch equipment available, and we hold weekly meetings about what other tools we could use throughout the trading day. Profit sharing, monthly performance bonuses. Daily Lunch included.

Cons

Just like any other company in the business: Fast paced and stressful. I come in to do as I'm expected: Make money. If you can't make money, you're not going to have a good time.

Just Plain Awful

Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Simplex Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management is cool and the developers are extremely talented and friendly. The prop software they have developed is nothing but the best.

ONLY go here if you back your own account.

Cons

Sadly, that's where the pros stop. I spent some time here a while back and the traders who work here are a despicable bunch. I couldn't believe the amount of trash talk and obvious backstabbing that was actually allowed. They want trading ideas, but when you provide them, someone else takes your idea and claims it as their own, and gives you no credit whatsoever. They also love to leave their email chat up just so you can see them talk about you behind their back. A fine way to develop trust between coworkers.

There's NO upward mobility and the turnover rate is astounding. Look at prior reviews. Every graduating class they bring in new traders just to let them go (conveniently right before bonus time) as the next wave of college grads come in. You think that many reviews could be wrong? They aren't. The pay is also insulting; you could easily find another trading firm that will ON AVERAGE pay you double. Be wise and look elsewhere.

Oh, and forget about their business outlook. Once they can't get any more speed, this place is toast.

No matter how pretty you wrap your lump of coal under your Xmas tree, it's still a lump of coal.

The training program is worse than awful, it's nonexistent. I was put with some incompetent fool who had no social skills. If this firm wants to be successful, hire some senior traders who aren't narcissistic and who actually have trading experience, or better yet, TRAIN your new employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Simplex Investments