There are newer employer reviews for SimplexGrinnell

Shady place to work

Former Employee - Electronics Field Technician  in  Conyers, GA
Former Employee - Electronics Field Technician in Conyers, GA

I worked at SimplexGrinnell

Pros

Company vehicle, cell, vehicle maintenance, laptop. Good benefits if you can get them, 401K, employee stock purchase, great health benefits.

Cons

It's more like your in high school again you will always hear so much gossip. You are always under stress and worrying about who's watching you on gps or if you have enough hours on ACE. There are no warnings about anything it's just sudden. The communication sucks so you have to have a paper trail about everything you do. There's a new TSM every 2 to 3 years. You always have to hear the customers complain about how much the company charges them because Simplex is expensive. It's just irritating and I'm actually more happier now than I was working there because they laid me off for really no reason. I feel that way because I was an employee that was advancing my education and they didn't like that too much and I was 1 out of 2 techs that have a degree and I was doing my training on LMS and had already went to one of the school before some that had been there for 10 years did. I can go on all day about this, but that's how bad it was for me.

Reward employees and communicate better. I would have been more encourage if my supervisor would have called me to correct me on anything and to congratulate me. This company needs to stop benefiting it's managers so much and focus on the employees.

121 Other Employee Reviews for SimplexGrinnell (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work if you can put up with managment and don't mind waiting for everything.

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at SimplexGrinnell

Pros

Good Health and dental insurance as well as 401K matching.

Cons

Management says it has an open door policy, but that does not mean an open mind policy sometimes they will listen to you comments and dismiss them just as fast.

Treatment of employees on a district level is not as good as it could be.

It's an alright temporary job

Current Employee - Summer Temp Inspector  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Summer Temp Inspector in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at SimplexGrinnell

Pros

You get to see a lot of interesting businesses/buildings. The company is really a leader in its field as you will not find a superior fire safety product out there. The management really seems to care about its employees (most of the time).

Cons

While the company gives you vehicles to use, up to one hour of travel each way is not compensated. If your job location is far from the office expect an 11 hour day while only being paid for 8 hours. The dispatching system isn't the most organized and can cause customers to already be upset upon arrival.

Give new inspectors better standardized training instead of on the field observation. If you're with an inspector who doesn't know what he's doing you're going to learn how to do things the incorrect way.

There are newer employer reviews for SimplexGrinnell

Worked for SimplexGrinnell? Contribute to the Community!