neutral

Current Employee - Staff II in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Staff II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc

Pros

interesting projects, all required tool and technical support, good name, good recognitions in field, know names to work with in the field

Cons

San Francisco office top heavy, not room to grow professionally, not many new design projects and does not seem to be able to bring in new design projects. Only 2-3 active principals to bring business. Heavy on retrofit projects.

Advice to Management

Need to expand types of projects, particularly new design work. Need to bring in EMI principal to grow business opportunities and support for more variety of work in the SF office.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great internship!

I worked at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc

Pros

Experienced Staff. I had a great time. I learned a lot. Some times work was slow, but I believe it was just the season.

Cons

Some times work was slow, but I believe it was just the season. You have to do copying and little things at time.

Advice to Management

They take back interns. I have only interned they once so I do not know if they give you more opprotunties.

Just okay.

I have been working at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc

Pros

Wide variety of projects. Paid by the hour - you get paid for every hour worked. Good resources for work - software, etc.

Cons

Principals lack communication; this leads to unbalanced work distribution among staff - too much work for some people while some others are light. Too focused on professional engineering certification, taken mostly for promotion only - those who work too much lack time to study for certification. The corporate culture really encourages workaholics if you want to climb the ladder. Not much time for personal growth.

Advice to Management

Create a technical career path that doesn't require people to move into management/principal positions to get promoted. Distribute work more evenly among staff.