There are newer employer reviews for Sinclair Broadcast Group

I was a Production Assistant.

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Production Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sinclair Broadcast Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gave me great work experience.

Cons

No cons at this time

No advice for management

reviews filtered by
  1. OK

I have been working at Sinclair Broadcast Group full-time

Pros

They hire. They're growing. Minimal experience needed to get in the door. You can get promoted within a year or two.

Cons

You'll know when you get there.

2. Would not recommend this at all

Former Employee - News Producer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - News Producer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sinclair Broadcast Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sinclair is one of the largest television companies in the country, so the potential for mobility is present, however, like most tv jobs, it's not so easy as just putting in for a transfer; and because they own so many stations, there are usually starting-level positions within the company for new reporters or producers.

Cons

Sinclair is all about the bottom line. Though this is the ultimate goal of any for-profit company, unfortunately in Sinclair, that bottom line often affects the employees who do not work in corporate. They will turn one should be five people's jobs into one person's in order to eliminate the cost of those other people. They run newsrooms on bare bones staffs in order to keep the cost-revenue ration to a minimum. If you do end up working here, you will earn overtime because there are never enough people working in a newsroom. They are almost always short-staffed. I had experience with them in multiple cities, and this was the case each time, so it can not be blamed solely on the management of single newsrooms.

Ultimately, you will not feel like a valued part of Sinclair's company. Their employees are generally dissatisfied, but because the television industry is such a cut-throat business, especially if you want to be on air, many people will stay just to have a job. I have seen several people burn out after working for this company and quit the industry all together. I was even one of them.

Change the above cons. Focus on employee retention and satisfaction, not just cost-cutting methods.

There are newer employer reviews for Sinclair Broadcast Group