Sinclair Broadcast Group

There are newer employer reviews for Sinclair Broadcast Group

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sinclair Broadcast Group (more than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work with great people! Lisa Barhorst has really made a change to station. It is a fun, great place to work. We now have great management who is extremely helpful and caring. I love coming into work! In the two years that I have been with Sinclair I've seen major positive changes. Sinclair spent millions to move us to a new building in a great area with all new equipment. Our current area was very pleasant and in a bad part if town. They have hired people who are committed and love what they due but yet know how to make it fun. It truly is a great place to work! With great people!

Cons

Sometimes it's overwhelming with all the packages we have to offer.

Keep having fun!

76 Other Employee Reviews for Sinclair Broadcast Group (View Most Recent)

Great Company Declining Value in Market

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Sinclair Broadcast Group full-time

Pros

Sin Claire Broadcasting offers a fantastic training program for future employees: Account Executive, Sales Reps, and Research Analysis personnel. This company is also on the breaking edge with digital marketing initiatives as well: Internet pre-role ads, retargeting, and app ads.

Cons

Sin Claire Broadcasting, is a Broadcasting company. With that, broadcasting companies are loosing value in general, being that cable providers are taking hold of markets. To enter this realm of advertising, one must have a large established network, knowing various business owners etc. Someone entering in this market needs to firmly believe in their broadcasting station thy were hired under and needs to believe in TV.

You Will Work With Great People

Current Employee - Scheduling Specialist
    Current Employee - Scheduling Specialist

I have been working at Sinclair Broadcast Group full-time

Pros

I have been fortunate enough to work with great people here. The people in my department and others that I have met are fun, caring, and I really enjoy working with them. There is some freedom with regard to time off. Your time earned is really your time to use. Lunch breaks are an hour long which is hard to beat. It really takes a lot for them to fire you. You really have to do something unforgiveable or fall victim to acquisition.

Cons

Management. In most departments you will find that managers lack management skills. They also tend to lack social/people skills. The work load is disproportionate to pay grade. There is an opportunity to get a bonus but the terms are hard to reach and once you reach it the company reserves the right to keep it. So overall it's not very motivating. Healthcare is good if you don't mind paying more out of pocket. Work environment is awkward. People will either not acknowledge you by looking past you or look down to avoid eye contact. Promotions are sometimes based on personal feeling which I believe is on trend.

Listen to your employees. You don't do what they do everyday. Be open to listening with the purpose of doing something about what you hear. Stop thinking that you're smarter than your employees. You're not. Instead of thinking about what an individual is capable of and creating a role for them to fill, think about the needs of the office. Create a position to fulfill the need, then fill the position. Act as if what the department does is important when things go right as much as you do when things go wrong. It's okay to say "thank you" and "good work" sometimes. Rewards is not a dirty word. Neither are the words bonus, raise, and overtime. Learn to trust your staff. Most of us went to college and have degrees just like you. Most of us actually like what we do. Get organized.

There are newer employer reviews for Sinclair Broadcast Group