Sinclair Knight Merz
www.skmconsulting.com Sydney, Australia 5000+ Employees

Good engineers to learn from, good managers

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Sinclair Knight Merz full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI joined as a graduate and stayed for three years before moving overseas. I was lucky to have some great managers and project managers that knew how to deal with people. Also there are great technical staff to learn from. I also had the opportunity to be seconded 6 months to another office in my second year though that was requested by me. The project manager during secondment was amazing. Work life balance was good due to good technical people and good service delivery.

ConsOffice layout at the time meant teams were separated on different floors. Though in new office this may be different. Younger less experienced managers moving up was not as good with people management just through lack of experience. Not a con, but at the time they were trying to improve retention of mid career consultants 5-10 yr experience, and developed some programs. Appears management was trying to respond quickly to needs and trends. Not sure if that has improved since I left.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing specific

Mining downturn will be an interesting challenge

Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Sinclair Knight Merz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong values & involved in some great projects. Genuinely seek to listen to employees… Cons: Management execution not always in accordance with values. Too reliant on mining and government. In… Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing musical chairs and focus on your job. Don't sell out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Corporate clowns

I have been working at Sinclair Knight Merz full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Technical staff, rewarding good work, variety of projects, and… Cons: The management - they are cumbersome and overbearing on staff. Advice to Senior Management: Streamline and do more actual work No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sinclair Knight Merz.

Worked for Sinclair Knight Merz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sinclair Knight Merz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sinclair Knight Merz CEO Santo Rizzuto. All reviews posted anonymously by Sinclair Knight Merz employees.