frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elverson, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elverson, PA

I have been working at Singer Equipment Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent pay and benefits, good location.

Cons

poor communication, employees not treated equally. company succeeds in spite of itself.

come out of the office once in awhile and see all the people goofing off, standing around talking, taking ten 20 minute smoke breaks a day. many, many getting paid for 40 hour week but are never there. most departments could eliminate 1 or 2 positions and get along just fine.

Other Reviews for Singer Equipment Company

Singer Had Potential, but...

Current Employee - Autocad Designer  in  Elverson, PA
    Current Employee - Autocad Designer in Elverson, PA

I have been working at Singer Equipment Company

Pros

Location, location, location. I hear they are 7th largest kitchen supplier in the country and inspite of my experience with them, I wish them mush success.

Cons

Cut throat treatment between other employees and departments seemed to be encouraged by upper management who only want sales results at any cost. On the first day I started, the department manager announced he had no time to train me and someone better take some incentive to get it done. Everyone was busy so I spent most of the day reading books and magazines. Finally one of my co-workers started to show me the ropes, but he was torn between customer support phone calls, getting work done and trying to show me the ropes. I was one of several people hired, I was the last of that group to leave, within the year, too. Pay was low, benefits had heavy salary co-pays, job reviews were put-down sessions.

Training... training... training.

"Singer Equipment, a great place to work" Not so much.........

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elverson, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elverson, PA

I have been working at Singer Equipment Company

Pros

To help customer get the best service, working with the sales reps and suppliers are the best part of the day. Having a job that I love and working hard everyday, benefits are great thought with the decline of the economy fringe benefits are few are far between anymore.

Cons

There is no communication between the departments, different offices and no equality between all of the employees. The department heads don't communicate and neither do the company heads. New policies and procedures are set in place without discussing them with the entire company and/or departments they pertain to. The lack of communication, and lack of management is the biggest part about working at Singer.

Training is needed, company computers, printers and programs need updated, they are outdated so badly that the programs they have dont offer updates or help features for anymore. Each employee has different systems, programs on their computer with no help from the company as to how they function.

Treat all employees equal, communicate to all the employee the same opinion as you would to management. Better communication from the management to the employees, treat each employee equal, training on company programs, updated equipment. The employees are what make your company run, you treat the employees like they don't matter or don't have good management in your departments and things start to go hay wire, as they have the past 6 months. I used to love coming to work everyday and now I dread getting up in the morning to go to work at Singer becuase there is no equality and you never know from day to day what is going on in your department.

There are newer employer reviews for Singer Equipment Company.

Worked for Singer Equipment Company? Contribute to the Community!