Single Grain

www.singlegrain.com
  www.singlegrain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Single Grain

Should have been paid

I worked at Single Grain as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Single Grain has a laid back, friendly professional environment. My boss was great to work with. Many work from home, so hours are very flexible.

Cons

The work I did was actual work, and yet the internship was unpaid. SG may not be a massive firm with millions in profits, but it isn't a nonprofit, and if they can't afford to pay interns for doing a serious amount of their work, then they shouldn't offer internships.

Either pay your interns or eliminate them. The "learning opportunities" are not nearly valuable enough to warrant contributing three months of work to your company for free.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Single Grain (View Most Recent)

Digital Marketing at its Best

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Single Grain full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Single Grain is a pioneer when it comes to being on the forefront of internet marketing. If you've ever wanted to work for a digital marketing agency, or have strong experience in the online marketing space, Single Grain is definitely for you.

I worked at Single Grain for over a year in a sales position having hardly any prior knowledge in the digital marketing sphere. What I found as I called around and generated interest jn Single Grain services, is that many other digital marketing agencies let their clients down when it comes to knowledge of the the most recent trends in digital marketing and/or they weren't tracking the ROI of their marketing campaigns diligently enough. Single Grain delivers all of the most advanced Internet Marketing treads with the back-end and data to support these campaigns. The company also hosts weekly learning sessions and you're required to get several online marketing certifications regardless of your title, all the more beneficial to your individual career development (not to mention, it looks good on the resume).

Speaking of trends (as I did above), the team at Single Grain is represented by some of the best in the Internet Marketing business. Rubbing elbows with high domain authority figures in the digital marketing sector is something that makes working at Single Grain very special, and I would think that anybody with a passion for the space would want to be part of this culture. Also, personal development is a BIG part of any employees time at Single Grain. Each quarter team member's are challenged to come up with 5 personal goals that are quantifiable in which to work towards accomplishing. At the end of each quarter these goals are reviewed and you're challenged to come up with 5 new ones. This was a blessing to my own professional career and will be towards yours.

In conclusion, I came into Single Grain not knowing what to expect, and left feeling personally satisfied from a career development POV. Definitely would recommend Single Grain to a friend!

Cons

The one con: working remotely. If you're not used to it, or feel like you'd be very unproductive working from home, than maybe this isn't the place for you. Otherwise, it's very hard to see any other downsides to working there.

n/a

Great opportunities for digital marketers with an awesome team of people

Former Employee - Director of Paid Acquisition in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Paid Acquisition in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Single Grain full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Single Grain was a lot of fun. The work was intellectually stimulating, the clients were all established brands, and if you prove yourself you're given absolute autonomy. Single Grain also has a highly effective remote culture, most employees are young & motivated, and it's a fun place to work with cool people.

Cons

If you need lots of hand holding this is probably not the agency you. On the flip side, if you're driven and motivated to learn new things and become better at what you do Single Grain is a great fit.

There are newer employer reviews for Single Grain