Sirius Satellite Radio
www.sirius.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great potential, but frustration with leadership and coworkers just saps your energy.

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Sirius Satellite Radio

Pros- free satellite radio service for employees
- fairly flat organization, so I had ready access to senior leadership
- narrow job scopes make it much easier to focus on tasks & over-deliver

Cons- decision-making process is overly finance-centric (when the CFO tells you what the marketing research budget will be, you know you've got a problem)
- very little latitude to "own" anything...most day to day decisions, surprisingly, get made at the C-level
- senior leadership wasn't always the smartest folks in the room

Advice to Senior ManagementReally start recognizing your employees' talent, hard work and experience. Make a commitment to measure and improve your employee engagement...many good people are disillusioned by the lack of meaningful recognition. A real effort goes beyond traditional (political) awards and into programs that leverage their experience to make things better; drive operational improvement and excellence in execution. Has to be more than a line in an email stating "employees are our most valuable resource." The place is all about pushing decisions down the organization...no feedback loop...probably by design.

company treated people poorly

Music Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Sirius Satellite Radio

Pros: Pay was fair, benefits were good, vacation and sick time… Cons: company kept everyone on pins and needles, everyone was kept in… Advice to Senior Management: get rid of Mel Karmazin and focus on real music programing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Media Company Could be Better

Lawrenceville, NJ

I have been working at Sirius Satellite Radio

Pros: Free Satellite Radio, Good Benefits, Flexible Hours, Casual Dress. 401K… Cons: There isn't much room for advancement. A lot of politics and… Advice to Senior Management: Don't overwork the employees who work at the bottom and… More

There are newer reviews on Sirius Satellite Radio.

Worked for Sirius Satellite Radio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sirius Satellite Radio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sirius Satellite Radio CEO Mel Karmazin. All reviews posted anonymously by Sirius Satellite Radio employees.