SiriusXM

www.siriusxm.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM

Adversarial colleagues add to a difficult workload while executive management is engaged in constant turf wars.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros

It is a prominent company with a legendary C.E.O.
It is an interesting and challenging time to work in a company that is part of the rapid evolution of entertainment and information delivery.
Employees get free satellite radio service.

Cons

Finance micromanages day to day decision making to an insane extent. This, combined with constant executive turf wars and a generally adversarial environment, makes it unnecessarily difficult for middle management to affect and sustain improvement.

Learn to partner with each other, and to provide support and recognition to your teams. Insist that turf wars end and that everyone become focused on the success of the company.

147 Other Employee Reviews for SiriusXM (View Most Recent)

New Product...Archaic Culture

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

1 free radio while you are an employee.
    Good base pay
    Free parking on site
    On site gym
    On site cafeteria

Cons

You would think with such a hip and new product as satellite radio the company would also be equally new age, not the case. Its hard to believe that a company that is so new already used the "thats the way it is" mentality. They made the grave error of believeing that just because someone knows the product that entitles them to a position of management. From what I saw front line managers are more concerned with dollars and cents than the rapport with its staff and buidling a team environment. Training doesn't exist so be ready to be thrown to the wolves and hope you get it. Walking through the buidling is like walking through a company that has gone/going through layoffs. With the exception of the DJ's no one really talk to one another and just sit at their desk waiting completing their duties and waiting for the day to end.

I read these reviews before I took the job so I was warned, but I did not think it would be as bad as it was...not a healthy place to work. The salary is great...but thats how the hook you. However every day is a worry of saving every little penny. Don't get fooled like me, because there is nowhere to go once you get in.

I would take less money elsewhere than to return to return to work there.

Make an efffort to onboard your staff instead of just telling them what they have to do. Help build a envirorment of rapport and of team instead of everyone for themself. Avoid the us and them, even after the merger two very distinct products (XM and Sirius) exist and doesn't make one believe that a merger even occured.

great place to work but no room for growth

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

Professional place to work
    Not gopher work

Cons

even if you work hard as an intern and they like you, there is no guarantee they will hire you..prob won't and you will have to wait forever even if you do

get your hr department to be more responsive

There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM