SiriusXM

www.siriusxm.com

Lot of work, sometimes satisfying, but typically support is lacking.

Current Employee - Engineering Director  in  Lawrenceville, NJ
Current Employee - Engineering Director in Lawrenceville, NJ

Pros

Free satellite radio, good pay, good benefits, opportunity to work in many different technologies

Cons

Inept management, very little career advancement opportunity, poor communication, poor cooperation among divisions

Do what is best for the company, not what is best for you and stop worrying about who to blame.

Other reviews for SiriusXM

Amazing

Former Employee - Producer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Producer in New York, NY

Pros

Such a blast. Always learning something new and meeting awesome people. Very laid back atmosphere and independence.

Cons

Low pay and tough to advance

Keep employees more informed of company leadership

New Product...Archaic Culture

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

1 free radio while you are an employee.
    Good base pay
    Free parking on site
    On site gym
    On site cafeteria

Cons

You would think with such a hip and new product as satellite radio the company would also be equally new age, not the case. Its hard to believe that a company that is so new already used the "thats the way it is" mentality. They made the grave error of believeing that just because someone knows the product that entitles them to a position of management. From what I saw front line managers are more concerned with dollars and cents than the rapport with its staff and buidling a team environment. Training doesn't exist so be ready to be thrown to the wolves and hope you get it. Walking through the buidling is like walking through a company that has gone/going through layoffs. With the exception of the DJ's no one really talk to one another and just sit at their desk waiting completing their duties and waiting for the day to end.

I read these reviews before I took the job so I was warned, but I did not think it would be as bad as it was...not a healthy place to work. The salary is great...but thats how the hook you. However every day is a worry of saving every little penny. Don't get fooled like me, because there is nowhere to go once you get in.

I would take less money elsewhere than to return to return to work there.

Make an efffort to onboard your staff instead of just telling them what they have to do. Help build a envirorment of rapport and of team instead of everyone for themself. Avoid the us and them, even after the merger two very distinct products (XM and Sirius) exist and doesn't make one believe that a merger even occured.

There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM.

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!