There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM

It was just an internship but I learned so much about marketing and what I'm looking for in a career.

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Washington, DC
Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at SiriusXM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are incredibly nice, the work was interesting and felt significant, and I learned a lot about the marketing industry as a whole.

Cons

There were a lot of technical difficulties when I first started but these were addressed eventually. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a lot of communication between departments which at times caused inefficiency

Advice to Management

Bring more cohesion between departments and make certain things more standardized (formatting for promotional materials for example)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment was very friendly and the staffs were very professional and kind. Although it was only an internship the staffs were very supportive and helpful.

Cons

The internship was unpaid and that's about it. Other than that it was a very enjoyable experience with the company.

2. GREAT place to work

Current Employee - Engineer IV in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer IV in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary. Awesome bonuses. Management that manages but stays out of the way of productivity. The IT department is very fast about getting you the resources you need. As with any company, there is some BS. But here, it's very manageable and a very acceptable trade-off for the general awesomeness of the place. Management is very open to trying and using new technology. SXM is not a software company, per se, but I feel like the company has a much better understanding of what software guys like me do and how important it is to their business. They seem to have the mindset of a small company without the scarcity of resources usually seen in smaller companies.

Cons

IT department higher-ups seem to like to dictate policy without knowing or caring how it impacts developers, especially those who have to work with embedded hardware. This very common in the industry, though, and for the most part, you can still get your job done. The selection of medical benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but rein in those IT security people a little.