SiriusXM

www.siriusxm.com

SIRIUS XM Here today, gone tomorrow

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsTo think satellite one would assume that there is a massive team working on this heavily shorted company. There is not, a bare bones staff of boomers and gen X'ers dominate the work environment. Generation Y is slowly making it's way in however assistants and and associates are not being hired and the labor is filled with unpaid interns. One can spend anywhere between thirty to sixty hours in the office. The Senior Managers...they are very protective and do not share success well. You're forced to sign over all intellectual property to the firm in exchange for letters of recommendations future employers will never receive and the Human Resource department will never return calls. Needless to say they needed B+ to A work from me and all I got was this t-shirt.

ConsZero recognition, position isn't specialized. You will be doing a lot of different work in a lot of different fields. Fun and all but you feel like you have to please everyone. But no one cares or thinks about you the moment the internship is over.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget about Howard Stern and all those celebrities. Forget about selling radios...siriusxm is an experience, it is a lifestyle choice it could be revolutionary if the company wanted to be current. Get Mel out too.

Highly disfunctional IT organization

Vice President, IT - Partner Applications (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros: Hip media culture Captive market - only national broadcaster latent potential to… Cons: Weak, whiney senior management team Inability or unwillingness to invest in operations support… Advice to Senior Management: Review the competency of the senior management team (especially SVP and VP titles,) with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros: Fair amount of work and vital experience Cons: Had to deal with co-workers who were constantly worried about… Advice to Senior Management: Paid internships! I worked 35 hours a week! More
There are newer reviews on SiriusXM.

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!