SiriusXM

Great Media Company Could be Better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros

Free Satellite Radio, Good Benefits, Flexible Hours, Casual Dress. 401K Matching, All holidays off.

Cons

There isn't much room for advancement. A lot of politics and people not working collaboratively as a team. Pay isn't the greatest

Don't overwork the employees who work at the bottom and contribute the most financially to the company.

147 Other Employee Reviews for SiriusXM (View Most Recent)

Re-sign Howard!

Current Employee - Media Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Director in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros

Working with Howard--he is the best. I especially like meeting the celebrities he brings into the studio and the opportunities he gives me to make phone calls to toy stores

Cons

Working with BaBaBooey and Scott the Engineer.

Re-sign Howard

SIRIUS XM Here today, gone tomorrow

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

To think satellite one would assume that there is a massive team working on this heavily shorted company. There is not, a bare bones staff of boomers and gen X'ers dominate the work environment. Generation Y is slowly making it's way in however assistants and and associates are not being hired and the labor is filled with unpaid interns. One can spend anywhere between thirty to sixty hours in the office. The Senior Managers...they are very protective and do not share success well. You're forced to sign over all intellectual property to the firm in exchange for letters of recommendations future employers will never receive and the Human Resource department will never return calls. Needless to say they needed B+ to A work from me and all I got was this t-shirt.

Cons

Zero recognition, position isn't specialized. You will be doing a lot of different work in a lot of different fields. Fun and all but you feel like you have to please everyone. But no one cares or thinks about you the moment the internship is over.

Forget about Howard Stern and all those celebrities. Forget about selling radios...siriusxm is an experience, it is a lifestyle choice it could be revolutionary if the company wanted to be current. Get Mel out too.

There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM