There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM

Creative, fast-paced, growing Company

Current Employee - Marketing/PR  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Marketing/PR in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros

SIRIUS is an insanely laid-back atmosphere where creativity is not only a huge plus, but largely promoting. You're constantly moving and there's never a lull.

Cons

SIRIUS is a huge company. It's easy to get lost inside that world. But I suppose the con is just the same as the pro. Working here requires a lot of hard work and barely no hand holding. You've GOT to know how to do your job, otherwise you'll sink.

I really wouldn't have any advice. I think the company promotes strength and creativity in the work force. And really, what else is there besides doing what you love, representing what you love and getting good feedback?

130 Other Employee Reviews for SiriusXM (View Most Recent)

terrible work environment

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

If you have absolutely no work experience and are desperate for an internship, it's not too difficult to find one here - after all, you're unpaid, you won't have too much competition

Cons

This isn't a learning environment - people come to work here to get their stuff done and go home. Forget helping each other out. I've spoken to full-time employees who constantly have to wait hours and hours for their managers to show up in order to get their work done - meaning they end up staying at the office much later than the average employee. Employees are just concerned for themselves, and have very little interest in the company.

If you're not going to pay your interns, treat them better. Free soda does not make up for the lack of learning, training, or respect that interns deal with.

Great potential, but frustration with leadership and coworkers just saps your energy.

Current Employee - Marketing Director  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros

- free satellite radio service for employees
    - fairly flat organization, so I had ready access to senior leadership
    - narrow job scopes make it much easier to focus on tasks & over-deliver

Cons

- decision-making process is overly finance-centric (when the CFO tells you what the marketing research budget will be, you know you've got a problem)
    - very little latitude to "own" anything...most day to day decisions, surprisingly, get made at the C-level
    - senior leadership wasn't always the smartest folks in the room

Really start recognizing your employees' talent, hard work and experience. Make a commitment to measure and improve your employee engagement...many good people are disillusioned by the lack of meaningful recognition. A real effort goes beyond traditional (political) awards and into programs that leverage their experience to make things better; drive operational improvement and excellence in execution. Has to be more than a line in an email stating "employees are our most valuable resource." The place is all about pushing decisions down the organization...no feedback loop...probably by design.

There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!