SiriusXM

www.siriusxm.com
  www.siriusxm.com
There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM

My internship experience was exceptional because of the time that my mentors and co-workers invested in my development.

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

Received great advice and exposure in studio and newsroom. Got the chance to meet several great people who had a willingness to help and use the interns as part of the functioning staff. I and many of the other interns at my station, were relied to perform like regular staff members.

Cons

Management doesn't acknowledge time put in by interns when it comes to applying for full-time position. Upper management is very reluctant to offer references when leaving internship program.

---

139 Other Employee Reviews for SiriusXM (View Most Recent)

Creative, fast-paced, growing Company

Current Employee - Marketing/PR in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing/PR in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM

Pros

SIRIUS is an insanely laid-back atmosphere where creativity is not only a huge plus, but largely promoting. You're constantly moving and there's never a lull.

Cons

SIRIUS is a huge company. It's easy to get lost inside that world. But I suppose the con is just the same as the pro. Working here requires a lot of hard work and barely no hand holding. You've GOT to know how to do your job, otherwise you'll sink.

I really wouldn't have any advice. I think the company promotes strength and creativity in the work force. And really, what else is there besides doing what you love, representing what you love and getting good feedback?

terrible work environment

I worked at SiriusXM

Pros

If you have absolutely no work experience and are desperate for an internship, it's not too difficult to find one here - after all, you're unpaid, you won't have too much competition

Cons

This isn't a learning environment - people come to work here to get their stuff done and go home. Forget helping each other out. I've spoken to full-time employees who constantly have to wait hours and hours for their managers to show up in order to get their work done - meaning they end up staying at the office much later than the average employee. Employees are just concerned for themselves, and have very little interest in the company.

If you're not going to pay your interns, treat them better. Free soda does not make up for the lack of learning, training, or respect that interns deal with.

There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM