SirsiDynix

Positive- With Exception

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Company has come a long way after being acquired in 2007. Better management dedicated to cleaning up many messes has made it stronger financially and technologically.

Cons

Company spends too much money on "stuff" rather than investing in the employees for the long term. There has been a huge amount of employee turnover over the last few years for two main reasons- opportunity and compensation. The company is a good start for someone coming out of college or someone looking for a fresh start. While they have added a number of new customers, it is also true that they have lost quite a few as well.

SirsiDynix Response

Sep 11, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your ratings and feedback. I see that you are a former employee and I’m unsure when you were last employed with us, but I do want to offer information in response to the statements ... More

70 Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix (View Most Recent)

Great company!

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- opportunity to move up
    - open door policy with Executive's
    - family environment
    - Executive's really care about you and your career growth

Cons

I have no complaints at this time. We went through a tough time during the merger, but all departments have improved by leaps and bounds since then. I love my customers and my coworkers!

Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to take care of your best employees as you have with me!

SirsiDynix has been a great company to work for and very rewarding for the past decade

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix has a great work environment! The Executive team promotes and encourages individual growth and wants to see you develop within the company. SirsiDynix has also been flexible in their work schedules.

Cons

SirsiDynix is currently owned by a private equity company which has made it challenging to get our product out the door quicker. As others mentioned communications between departments could improve and the changeover to an HSA has been a pain.

SirsiDynix has always been the leader in the library world when it comes to automation. They’ve created a fantastic vision for the future of libraries. My advice to management is that we follow through with our product commitments and we deliver in a timely manner.

There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix