SirsiDynix

www.sirsidynix.com
  www.sirsidynix.com
There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix

Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

68 Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix (View Most Recent)

Great Company!

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix offers great opportunities for advancement, mainly looking for internal candidates first. Great support staff throughout the whole company. SirsiDynix has a lot of long tenured people working for them which shows they are a 1st class company.

Cons

Some decisions are the effect of the venture capitalist firm that owns SirsiDynix which can affect productivity and sales, it would be nice if we had more leeway in this area.

Keep it going, the future looks great!!!

Review

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great customers, great industry

Cons

benefits declining yearly, poor incentives and raises that don't keep up with inflation.

There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix