There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix

Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. SirsiDynix allows team members to work hard and play often

Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment Educated and knowledgeable team members in all departments Small feel for being a global market leader Real effort to provide a fun atmosphere Approachable leadership at all levels

Cons

Medical benefits package needs to be stronger

Advice to Management

Keep a clear vision forward, but not so far that we forget the products we need to support.

SirsiDynix Response

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

2. Review

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great customers, great industry

Cons

benefits declining yearly, poor incentives and raises that don't keep up with inflation.