Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility is great: environmentally friendly, clean, lots of light, open floor plan, great furniture, PLUSH common area/game room, subsidized cafeteria, free soda, free coffee/espresso/cappuccino, relaxation room with massage chairs, lactation room, work out facility, walking distance to Front Runner. Many efforts have been made to create a positive culture and employees are definitely engaged. CFO encourages a “Work Hard, Play Hard” environment. Managers have made it a point to recognize hard work! Multiple activities are hosted for employee's and thier families on a regular basis. Company is flexible with works schedules, which is a plus if you need to work from home due to a sick family member or other such issues.

Cons

The Company has definitely gone through some growing pains in creating its Technology Centre. Implementation of a wellness program has been a difficult change for employees. While some additions have been made in recent months, there is a lack of non-fast food eating establishments. Although fairly short, the traffic on the main road to the freeway can back up and add 5-10 minutes to my commute.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of employee recognition. Remain open to receiving employee feedback. Also, continue to keep employee’s apprised of the Company’s goals and initiatives.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A great place to work where your talents are recognized and rewarded.

Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a well established leader in the library automation field and is leading our space with innovative and ground breaking solutions for the library industry. We encourage our development staff to take a couple of days each month to innovate in any area where they have great ideas. That innovation work is then demonstrated to an open and encouraging executive team who often clears the way for implementation into our products. SirsiDynix is big enough to have the resources to really effect change in our industry while not being so big that our staff is alienated or lost. Every member of our teams are an important and valuable part of the SirsiDynix family. The engineering team continues to make positive advances in our daily processes and how we develop and deliver our products. Much of that progress is because we listen to each other and work together to create a great place to work.

Cons

Where will we continue to grow? Our products are popular and as our organization continues to expand, we are quickly outgrowing our new state of the art facility. Great problem to have!

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with the great things that have been implemented recently. Continue to openly share company details with the staff. We are a software development company and our recent re-investment in development is wise and will pay dividends in the near and far future. Keep leading as you have and you will continue to have the respect of those you lead.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a great place to work. Sure over the years they have had their ups and downs; however there has never been a better time to work for them. Benefits are great, the office is fantastic, numerous perks such as free soda, cappuccino, bagel/fruit Friday's, foosball, pool, video games, massage chairs just to name a few. It is a very collaborative environment where everyone shares the same goals and objectives. Senior Management is genuinely concerned with doing what is the right thing for employees and their customers.

Cons

Sometimes there are long work hours however management is good at rewarding staff who are going above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!