SirsiDynix

There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix

Fun Ride

Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people with a solid product vision. Bright outlook for new employees. Excellent upper management.

Cons

Too many bridges have been burned by mostly former executives. The company needs a solid finished product delivered soon to hush the naysayers. The competition is unfairly staffed with former employees.

Keep the product vision going to reach the completion of the product. Get the software out to the market, so you won't have to worry about the competitors. Don't step over the rusty coins to pick up the shiny new penny.

61 Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix (View Most Recent)

Employee morale is a focal point.

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sirsidynix, since their move to the new office building in Lehi, has taken great strides towards making sure their employees are taken care of with both in-office perks, extraordinary benefits, and through supervisory/subordinate reaching out. For the first time in my career, it really feels like a company really cares about the employee rather than us just being another number on a spreadsheet.

Internal staff are friendly, willing to help each other, and the office atmosphere is one of the best around. They have internal competitions like miniature golfing, video game, pool, and table tennis championships. Don't forget the golden golf putter!

Sirsidynix is also invested in their products. They are making significant leaps ahead of the competitive technology within the market. They are employing lots of new development staff to work on new and innovating software that will impress the marketplace for years to come.

Cons

Sirsidynix is owned by a private equity firm which could mean higher turnover at times, and due to the nature of private equity, there is also a bit of uncertainty in which the ownership will evolve down the road.

Sirsidynix is definitely not in automatic mode right now. There's a lot of new technology so the employees are working hard to keep up with supporting it. There often also can be times where internal communication could be lacking.

I believe that inter-department communication regarding software and philosophy would greatly help the efficiency of supporting said software.

Best decision I ever made

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file. Everyone is committed to the common goal of providing the best library user experience and this focus shows.

Cons

Development is in the process of creating a next generation Integrated Library System. This process takes time but it will greatly benefit our users and the company in the long run.

You are doing a great job. Keep your focus on the library user and we will continue to see great success.

There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix