Sitel

www.sitel.com
  www.sitel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sitel

A great job if you're not lazy

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working at Sitel since September of 2011 and have very much enjoyed my tenure at this company. I work in the Sony campaign as a Tier 1 agent and although the job is repetitive (painfully so at times) it is easy and comfortable. Everyone is friendly and nice and the coaches, at least the three I've had, (Laurie, Lorenzo, and Jeremiah) will do all they can to help if you struggle. The job has a bit of a high turn-over right because they expect a lot out of you but they will never fire you if you honestly try your best 100% and follow the advice that they give you. To refrain from making this too long-winded I would say the best part of this job is the myriad opportunities you have to move up and the fact that you get to sit down all day.

Cons

- The interviews for higher positions are very tough and sought after. Even if your overall call statistics are great if you mess up the interview it is not likely you will get the higher position. For instance I am ranked #3 out of 217 agents on the floor and was given the Top Team Performer award but still did not receive the manager position after applying twice due to my messing up on an interview
- Strict schedule adherence. They have an attendance desk that keeps an eye on every agent and if you are more than one minute late come from your break they will let you know. This was a problem for me at first as I was a bit of a slacker but now that I've shaped up a bit I have nearly perfect adherence.
- Dont let them fool you, if you are joining Sony you will be expected to upsell a product on every call and to upsell a warranty on certain qualifying calls. Again, not much of a problem if you actually try but a lot of people complain about it but theyre the first to either quit or be let go anyways.
- A tad low-paying given other call centers in Las vegas but if you are good at what you do they will reward you and give you many opportunities to move up.

No real advice to give. You guys are great. Keep doing what you're doing. Though, I would like to be accepted for the coach position one time ;P

391 Other Employee Reviews for Sitel (View Most Recent)

Good place for entry-level call center work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid training provided. Good benefits. Incentives are sporadic but available

Cons

Poor salary and upward mobility

Get more involved in what makes the employees happy so that there is not so much attrition.

Prison

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Producer in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Producer in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met some wonderful co workers

Cons

Not enough pay, horrible benefits, no employee acknowledgement, always having to try to find a seat/desk to sit at, never being told when you do well, only when you do badly.

Until some of the upper management there is dislodged it will continue to be a revolving door.

There are newer employer reviews for Sitel