Sitel

www.sitel.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sitel

Company as a whole is OK place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is relaxed
Associates help each others

Cons

no raises in 3 years

Separate friendship

444 Other Employee Reviews for Sitel (View Most Recent)

Not very family friendly

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, steady hours, inbound calling, friendly employees

Cons

"Better than you" management, very strict on attendance, even with doctors or other notation. During the first week of training, my then 11 month old son had to be taken to the ER my boyfriend (not his father) because he was not keeping any fluids or anything down and kept vomitting, when I told the superiors and tried to leave to get to the hospital I was told I could go but there would be no guarantee I would have a job to come back to. I had sinuitis and bronchitis at the same time, could barely see, kept coughing and sneezing, was put on liquid pain killers and antibiotics by my doctor and told to stay home for at least 48 hours, had left 1/2 way through shift at work, and even with doctor's note was told i had to come in or I would lose my job. Also was having some potential legal personal issues and was not given anytime to deal with them without threat of losing job, and thats when I quit.

Remember, you were the little guy once!

Easy job for high school and college kids....

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

anyone can get hired on the spot, a monkey could do the job, you can miss SOOOO many days with out getting fired, you can make a lot of decent friends there.

Cons

the pay is low, everything is scripted to point that you feel like an automated system or robot, the managerial staff if immature, lazy, and discriminatory, the office politics is ridiculous here. you will be micromanaged to death.

pay people better and you won't have so much attrition, promote people that are qualified and experienced (not just the people you like to small talk with) and don't take away peoples coloring books, crossword puzzles, sudoku, etc... unless they aren't performing correctly. I saw so many people whose performance drop, or they quit when the policy against all of the things that people did to keep their mind off the fact that they couldn't stand repeating themselves over and over and over away.

There are newer employer reviews for Sitel