Sitel
www.sitel.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Sitel has vision, but lacks implementation/trust in employees

Coach (Current Employee)
Augusta, GA

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI've learned A LOT from working at Sitel. They provided me the opportunity to move up from taking phone calls to being a manager. And the people I work with each day are amazing people. We all have fun. The opportunity for moving up is definitely there, and the call center environment is definitely fast paced! Sitel pays well for my position, and they also give me plenty of vacation time. Benefits are decent. Allowed me to go to the Dr. for 1st time since turning 18..didn't have healthcare before working at Sitel.

ConsThe journey/process to promotion is very difficult. Took 3 tries to be accepted into the Coach role. My very first application was simply lost altogether. The equipment that we have to work with leaves much to be desired. Each representative used to have their own headset, but now headsets are locked down to the computer desks. Desks are shared, and most of the time they are filthy. The entire building is due for a remodel or overhaul. Hiring practices are questionable, as we mostly get people who don't seem to want to work for anything. Taking the calls can be frustrating, but it's not an overly difficult job to do. Our client rarely listens to any feedback from those of us who are out on the call floor day-in & day-out servicing their project. Furthermore, there is little-to-no wiggle-room when it comes to our after-call surveys. Countless times, I've witnessed a survey that was mixed up, messed up, or just blatantly not valid, but the client makes us eat those surveys, and it messes up people's quality scores. As other reviews here have noted, the quality scores are primarily what determine your ranking in the shift bid. Don't be ranked too low, or you'll be stuck on an overnight shift with split days off =/.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many upper management issues at play here. No one ever seems to be on the same page, and I've routinely gotten different information from different people. Furthermore, the company owes me back-pay due to a reporting issue when it comes to up-training. Several gaps allowed for this issue, and I missed out 3 months of a salary increase that I should have received. Also, If I was promoted to the Coach/Manager role close to a year ago, why have I still never received an offer letter stating my position? Strange, especially considering that I've brought up this issue several times, to several different people in upper management.

Sitel

Directv Tech (Current Employee)
Corning, NY

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

Pros: Get company and fantastic people Cons: Not really any I can think of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

mindless boring really awful work

I have been working at Sitel full-time

Pros: health insurance... not good health insurance, work in your pj's… Cons: The work is awful. they do not care at all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sitel.

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sitel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sitel CEO Bert Quintana. All reviews posted anonymously by Sitel employees.