Training Sub-par...

Former Employee - Technical Support
Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Provided equipment, fun atmosphere, decent pay scale, room to advance

Cons

Sub-par training made it difficult to work efficiently

Other Employee Reviews for Sitel

1. I wouldn't let my dog work at Sitel.

Current Employee - Computer Services in Glasgow, KY
    Current Employee - Computer Services in Glasgow, KY

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is not as trashy a job as working in a factory. That's pretty much all the cons.

Cons

A lot of the people working there are trashy. They belch, fart, stink, etc. and they don't care who hears, sees or smells. I have worked there 7 months now and have gotten sick 3 times because people there don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. I have seen many of them use the bathroom and then not wash their hands afterwards. They'll go right out onto the floor and touch the computers. I have a medical condition in which I need a reserved seat. My sign has been taken 3-4 times and my coach does nothing about it and poo-poos the whole issue. At night and in the morning, it can take me 10-15 minutes for me to get a floor walker to come and help me with my issue. Sometimes we can do what they call VTO, which is where we can go home early if we're not busy. The floor walkers make sure their friends go home first and then anybody else. I got to go home early once time....10 minutes before I was supposed to go home anyway. They expect people to volunteer for overtime and other things, but no one does it expect the newbies because they don't know better. How management doesn't appreciate the volunteers, and when I did a schedule change once, it caused problems for me at home, and it took them over a month to get it straightened out to the way it was. My coach and I are supposed to have a One on One every Tuesday. I haven't had one of those in over a month. (Not that I care. I can't stand my Coach.) Working at Sitel is a joke and I can't wait until I find something better.

Advice to Management

Get better, or more, floor walkers. Crack down on reserved seat signs being taken. Make sure the coaches do their jobs. (Mine is very lazy.) Make it worth our while to volunteer for things. We need more than a can of soda for two hours of overtime. Get rid of the Coaches who are dead weight. If you keep treating the employees like this, sometime or another no one will want to work there, and the Geek Squad/BBY image will be worse than it already is.

Plenty of opportunities to move up! Great company to work for. .50 raise within first 3 months, free DirecTV

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, just have to hang in there and continue doing the work. Know the material inside and out, and you will have opportunities with the company.

Cons

Lots of angry customers, so you have to have a ton of patience and be able to stay positive in a job where most people who call in are already upset once they are speaking with you.

Advice to Management

You guys do a great job of trying to motivate your employees.