Poorly managed by highly unqalified/unsuitable managers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Sitel UK

Pros

You get paid for working?

Cons

There appear to be no proper procedure in place for career development.

There appear to be no proper procedure in place for career development. Time to work on one.

Other Reviews for Sitel UK

An enjoyable experience

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Exeter, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Exeter, England (UK)

I worked at Sitel UK

Pros

The firm held a meritocracy with regards to promotion. As long as you can get your foot in the door and are prepared to work hard you will succeed.

Cons

I believe that hot desks are always a pain. Not having a space of your own can lead to hygiene issues.

I think the place could benefit from Increased training for the employees and other desk staff. It would also be helpful if the employer could offer fair holiday arrangement around xmas time.

Being the no1 site cannot save you from being made redundant.

Former Employee - Dirt  in  Derby, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Dirt in Derby, England (UK)

I worked at Sitel UK

Pros

none i can think of right now. but i will give it a go. If you are on the dole and need a job to tie you over for the short term than this could be okay but if you have aspirations for a career than look elsewhere as will not be going anywhere with this company as they are just too dynamic for their own good. Higher management look after them selves and friends and the rest of us have to fend for ourselves. You could be the best agent in the world but you will still not be able to progress

Cons

Many and there is no job security as they say one thing and do another. The downsides are many u don't have a social life as you always thinking about work. The shifts and hours you work will change randomly and frequently to suit the business but when these changes don't work we go back to other patterns and shifts. management blame everyone but themselves even though they are in the driving seat. If you get done for speeding the policeman does not give the the points and fine to the passengers does he? So why do the agents suffer for management failures.

Get your act together. Play fairly. Respect the staff. Treat others as you would to be treated yourself. use common sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Sitel UK.

Worked for Sitel UK? Contribute to the Community!