There are newer employer reviews for Siteworx

Fast paced environment with lots of growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Siteworx is a company I have recommended to all of my friends and will continue to do so! It is a great company that provides many of the following great benefits. Internal: -Training Budget up to 2k a year -Lunch provided 3 days a week -Cell Phone Reimbursement -Gym Reimbursement The management team is always looking for ways to improve internal processes to make it easier on everyone. They are always doing internal competitions and events. They also hold happy hours and constantly encourage employees to look for new software or products that will make working smarter not harder. There have been two times where I have wanted to test out a new software to improve and internal process and they have purchased trial licenses for me to test it out. Management: Siteworx is a company of around 200 people that operates much like an agency. We promote people based on work ethic and drive. I have experienced this personally over the past year. Internal Interactions: Interactions at Siteworx are great. Not only are you close to your entire team, but you are close to the entire company which includes upper management. I speak with our VPs and CEO on a daily basis and I am able to express concerns and ask questions about the growth of the company and get straight answers. I have worked for over 7 companies and I have never experienced that before even in smaller firms.

Cons

Growing Pains: You will notice from the reviews below that we like any small company we have hurdles to overcome. The company is only 10 years old, but is moving in the right direction. They are always looking for ways to expand their territories to include major cities and international hot spots. They are also looking for ways to make their employee's happy, like providing lunch. Granted you are still expected to work hard and put in your fair share. This is not a retirement job or a job where you can come and sit and expect to get promoted for doing nothing. You will have to work hard and play your role, showing management that you deserve to be promoted or gain additional benefits like bonuses. So if you are lazy, then don't bother applying!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Confusing, chaotic and unfocused

Former Contractor - Content Strategist
    Former Contractor - Content Strategist

I worked at Siteworx as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

People that I dealt with were mostly laid back with good senses of humor and genuinely interested in working. Everyone seemed to have a positive attitude and no one lost their temper. Compensation was also very decent.

Cons

The project I worked on was new and the team assembled to service the account was also entirely new. This created a disconnect in communication and expectations. I never saw a requirements doc and the project manager really didn't manage the team. We lacked deadlines, objectives and everything else necessary to come together for the client. The client sensed that and was aggressively rude because of it and went so far as to question the expertise of team members directly. They also went over all billed hours with a fine tooth comb. The company did not actively stand its ground or manage this client. Additionally, client facing documents were edited and sent by people who are not content experts. Although contractor pay was decent, payroll was not managed well. Failed to send W-2s/1099s out on time and even then did not have original W-9s. No HR to speak of. No direct deposit for contractors. The bottom line is that they made a lot of pie-in-the-sky promises, both to the client and employees that they can't possibly keep, given the level of disorganization.

Advice to Management

You should assemble a team for for a new office BEFORE executing a new client contract and you should definitely have a PM in place before starting work for that client. Also, I don't know what is going on at HQ but you should never misplace tax documents and rely on the good will of current and former employees to then procure those documents!

28% Turnover Rate, and there's a reason

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get exposure to all of the CMSes out there - Tridion, CQ, Sitecore, and it is a paying job.

Cons

Very Low morale. Recently attended a management training in which they talked about the fact that turnover was 28% - that's like what you expect of bartenders, not IT staff! Why is it so low? Because people don't listen to you, it is exceedingly political, and good work is not rewarded. And, they are cheap, cheap, cheap. C-Level staff in particular is bullheaded and not nearly as smart as they think they are. Insane hours are the norm.

Advice to Management

As others have said, your upper management is highly cliquish. It doesn't matter what you know, only who you know. Listen to people who aren't the "Yes Men"