Siteworx

www.siteworx.com
  www.siteworx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siteworx

Good employees not so great management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employees are super smart and work hard. We do our work well despite being led by management. The employees here are self-starters.The free soda and lunch is also a plus.

Cons

The managers need to be trained better, seems like they don't know how to manage. It seems like employees are getting fired or leaving every day and the management doesn’t seem to care. If they cared about their employees more, they might have people who stay. I have seen many people come and go in the time I have been here. Seems like whole teams are turning over.

Show employees they matter.Train them and invest in them, maybe then they will stop leaving.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Siteworx (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work, Start-up Feel, Not crazy about the Off the Shelf Softwares

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Siteworx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Everyone is friendly and nice. You're expected to work hard and sometimes your hard work is appreciated and rewarded (atleast in NY it was). You'll have some really challenging tasks but it feels like a family with everyone working together. Absolutely wonderful group of people (again atleast in NY)

Cons

You're expected to work with CQ and SDL Tridion. They have their pluses and minuses but you're really working on these off the shelf packages, and you can't really work outside of them.

Have a proper research and development branch or allocate time for employees to do R&D. The folks really want to do something great but when you're focussed on clients all the time, you can't really think outside of the box.

Fast paced environment with lots of growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Siteworx is a company I have recommended to all of my friends and will continue to do so! It is a great company that provides many of the following great benefits.

Internal:
    -Training Budget up to 2k a year
    -Lunch provided 3 days a week
    -Cell Phone Reimbursement
    -Gym Reimbursement

The management team is always looking for ways to improve internal processes to make it easier on everyone. They are always doing internal competitions and events. They also hold happy hours and constantly encourage employees to look for new software or products that will make working smarter not harder. There have been two times where I have wanted to test out a new software to improve and internal process and they have purchased trial licenses for me to test it out.

Management: Siteworx is a company of around 200 people that operates much like an agency. We promote people based on work ethic and drive. I have experienced this personally over the past year.

Internal Interactions: Interactions at Siteworx are great. Not only are you close to your entire team, but you are close to the entire company which includes upper management. I speak with our VPs and CEO on a daily basis and I am able to express concerns and ask questions about the growth of the company and get straight answers. I have worked for over 7 companies and I have never experienced that before even in smaller firms.

Cons

Growing Pains: You will notice from the reviews below that we like any small company we have hurdles to overcome. The company is only 10 years old, but is moving in the right direction. They are always looking for ways to expand their territories to include major cities and international hot spots.

They are also looking for ways to make their employee's happy, like providing lunch. Granted you are still expected to work hard and put in your fair share. This is not a retirement job or a job where you can come and sit and expect to get promoted for doing nothing. You will have to work hard and play your role, showing management that you deserve to be promoted or gain additional benefits like bonuses. So if you are lazy, then don't bother applying!

Keep up the good work!