There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

I didn't work directly for Six Flags

Former Contractor - Summer T-Shirt Airbrush Artist in Saint Louis, MO
Former Contractor - Summer T-Shirt Airbrush Artist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Six Flags as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

- I worked for a booth inside six flags air brushing.
- Working with six flags was good, nothing to restrictive

Cons

- Six Flags put some restrictions on us.
- They had a dress code for managers even though airbrushing could get your nice cloths dirty.

Clean the park up, the sidewalks are always dirty.

reviews filtered by

No appreciation for their employees.

Former Employee - Lead in Agawam, MA
    Former Employee - Lead in Agawam, MA

I worked at Six Flags full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good for experience and easy enough to get into low level leadership positions. Low level management is friendly enough most of the time. Great co-workers and free entry to park.

Cons

Higher management is disrespectful. HR is only interest in protecting Six Flags's interests. International employees are forced to live in cheap apartments and while promised amenities like internet and comfortable mattresses few rooms actually make true on these promises. International employees are actually generally disrespected by management. I knew a girl who was fired and sent back to Asia because she was dehydrated, no one was bringing her water, so she melted Dip n Dots and drank them. Long hours expected and no overtime. Double shifts often scheduled, even when they are not if you are a Lead or higher expect to stay well past your scheduled shift.

Re-evaluate what employees do for your company. Treat them with respect. Treat international employees as adults (which they are, some with children).

2. Great experience for teens

Former Employee - Retail Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Six Flags part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I was 18. It was a busy environment, which taught me how to work with others to get things done quickly. You get into the park free and there are a lot of team member parties.

Cons

Management is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor. The pay is low for all that you do and you have to work long hours (if you are a lead).

Don't talk down to those who are working under you and stay professional.

There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags