Six Flags

www.sixflags.com
  www.sixflags.com
There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

A little young and political

Former Employee - Hostess in Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Hostess in Valencia, CA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a great way to make some money while I was in between jobs. They seem to accept everyone and it is also a good way to get experience.

Cons

As an older person going in to work there, it felt too much like a high school with many young immature workers (I was in food service). The politics of leads/managers/etc seemed unnecessary.

504 Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags (View Most Recent)

Six Flags Macho Nacho Employee

Former Employee - Food Service in Vallejo, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are great. You can get in free anytime with one friend on an off day, the experience you get especially for minors is very great. You learn how to work a cashier, cook and prepare food, and also how to work with co-workers and guests.

Cons

Most food restaurants are very uncomfortable to work in, especially the summer. It's way hotter in the building than outside. I feel as if the job should be paid at least 8.50 instead of the 8 dollars, especially all the intense walking you have to do around the park . They say they watch out for the minors very carefully, but I felt as if they didn't lookout for us at all. Myself and other minors felt dizzy a lot because of the hot conditions, some days were unbearable. Also, most co-workers were lazy and put the "dirty" work on the newer employees.

They should put some kind of cooling device in the bulding, because eventually someone will collapse. They also need to supervise Macho Nacho because the newer employees work the hardest and listen to the other co-workers.

Overall, a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Games Employee in Agawam, MA
    Current Employee - Games Employee in Agawam, MA

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will make tons of great friends while working at Six Flags. Most likely, your job will include talking to guests and thats a great experience to have. Supervisors are generally very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Most starting team members are paid minimum wage. The work environment is very dirty in some places. Work can be difficult on very hot days because it is outside.

Tighten your belt. Eliminate unnecessary positions. Decrease amount of team members where it is deemed possible to do so. Simplify distribution of merchandise, food, and other goods in order to reduce expenses.

There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags