Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 5000+ Employees

Great experience for teens

Retail Manager (Former Employee)
Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

ProsI was able to get great training in retail and customer service. I was also able to get experience as a retail manager before I was 18. It was a busy environment, which taught me how to work with others to get things done quickly. You get into the park free and there are a lot of team member parties.

ConsManagement is young and can be petty and unprofessional. There is a lot of pressure if you are a young lead/supervisor. The pay is low for all that you do and you have to work long hours (if you are a lead).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk down to those who are working under you and stay professional.

A great first job for teenagers!

Lifeguard (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX

I worked at Six Flags full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Have fun while working -Interact with friendly guests -Save lives -Supervisor is fun… Cons: -Not a great hourly pay -A lot of co-workers that are… Advice to Senior Management: Raise your pay! We're saving lives here! Not flipping burgers at McDondalds! Hire more responsible workers, and older ones!… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun and a good experience, but not the best job ever.

Rides Operator (Former Employee)
Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Six Flags part-time for more than a year

Pros: Everyone that was around you that you worked with were… Cons: Being outside all day in the heat was horrible and they say they… Advice to Senior Management: Update rides more frequently to get more customers in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.