Six Flags
www.sixflags.com Grand Prairie, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

No appreciation for their employees.

Lead (Former Employee)
Agawam, MA

ProsGood for experience and easy enough to get into low level leadership positions. Low level management is friendly enough most of the time. Great co-workers and free entry to park.

ConsHigher management is disrespectful. HR is only interest in protecting Six Flags's interests. International employees are forced to live in cheap apartments and while promised amenities like internet and comfortable mattresses few rooms actually make true on these promises. International employees are actually generally disrespected by management. I knew a girl who was fired and sent back to Asia because she was dehydrated, no one was bringing her water, so she melted Dip n Dots and drank them. Long hours expected and no overtime. Double shifts often scheduled, even when they are not if you are a Lead or higher expect to stay well past your scheduled shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate what employees do for your company. Treat them with respect. Treat international employees as adults (which they are, some with children).

Dreaming on finding a new job

Retail Associate (Former Employee)
    Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Six Flags part-time for less than a year

Pros: The connections and friends you make while working here. Cons: Working outside in the heat of summer. The pay is horrible. Expected to work 10am… Advice to Senior Management: Talk to people with respect Work on staffing No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Six Flags Macho Nacho Employee

Food Service (Former Employee)
    Vallejo, CA

I worked at Six Flags part-time for less than a year

Pros: The benefits are great. You can get in free anytime with one friend on an off day, the experience you get especially for… Cons: Most food restaurants are very uncomfortable to work in, especially the summer. It's way hotter in the building than outside. I feel as if the… Advice to Senior Management: They should put some kind of cooling device in the bulding, because eventually someone will collapse. They also… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Six Flags.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Six Flags reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Six Flags CEO James W. P. (Jim) Reid-Anderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Six Flags employees.