Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Paramedic in Gurnee, IL
Current Employee - Paramedic in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, great perks, free park access, discounts.

Cons

varied shift scheduling, basically lottery-style shift assignment.

Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags

1. It's your typical entry level employer...

Current Employee - Supervisor in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great first job that teaches you basic work ethics. Most times employees become long term friends and the environment can be exciting if you like working outdoors and love interacting with guests, as I did in the games department. The park presidents and the CEO are really upbeat, but the energy is only infectious for so long. The company is growing and revenue is going up.

Cons

If you don't like the outdoors and braving the elements it may not be the place for you, but if you work in merchandise or Food Service you may not have to go outside. They try and offer company discounts online, but other than that there's not much else utilized as an incentive. It's a high school environment where the immaturity trickles down from the top. They don't really offer competitive raises.

Advice to Management

Just because the employees are teenagers, doesn't mean that the management has to follow suit. Make the employee parties more convenient, with longer hours, and more incentive. Recognizing the good employees wouldn't hurt.

2. I had a great Season. I can't wait to Return

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Eureka, MO
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Eureka, MO

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Scheduling Great and Fun Management Red Dot Reward program (Spot Bonus) Free Admission into Park + Comp Tickets/Free Season Pass Employee Discount Co-Workers and crew commendatory Novelty of working in a theme park I get paid to push buttons Meet great People In-Depth Training Fast Paced Work Team Member Parties Weekly Pay Checks (every Friday) Job is overall fun You get to ride your ride before the park opens Ample Hours

Cons

-Job is very repetitive Weather is not wonderful Unpaid Breaks Paid Uniforms (but they are not expensive) Paid only minimum wage (Ride operators get paid the least amount of money) job is seasonal - training begins in March and season ends in late October A single shift is too short, and a double shift is too long Park Hours are not consistent Frequently stay past end of shift (but you do get paid extra) Very easy to get in trouble for safety errors that are some times beyond my control High Turnover of staff throughout season Job is sometimes tiring Breaks are given at poor times (either right when your shift starts, or when it is about to end)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Just train your leads and supervisors to be more organized.