Awesome

Former Employee - Rides Lead in Gurnee, IL
Former Employee - Rides Lead in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, awesome experiences, benefits are really good.

Cons

Unfriendly guests, not enough pay for management, issues are not always dealt with correctly

Advice to Management

Pay the leads more, they do so much work and don't get paid enough.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Any Department but Entertainment!!!

Former Employee - Greeter/Character Escort in Agawam, MA
    Former Employee - Greeter/Character Escort in Agawam, MA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Employee Benefits Pay raise every season Ability to get rewards throughout the season Great guest experience Free tickets and 30% off everything

Cons

Entertainment was the worst. They expected perfection without really training for it. 6 managers all telling me different things and then getting mad at me for following other managers. Was blacklisted and never told I was fired. They never gave me a reason and even made it look like I was going to be hired again until security kicked me out.

Advice to Management

First, all leads and managers should be on the same page. The goal is to get guests to go see characters,right? Find a way to get together and not have different opinions. Second, actually tell someone they're not allowed back and what reason. Most people will be hurt, but if you tell them WHY they weren't welcomed back maybe they can learn for their next job. I still don't know what I did wrong!

2. A good place to learn...

Current Employee - Seasonal Entertainment Supervisor in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Seasonal Entertainment Supervisor in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Six Flags full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Big company name *Lots of room to learn *Always get a chance to try something new *Company parties and games *Options for 401K and health insurance from paycheck The great thing about working at Six Flags is that no day is the same. I'm a supervisor for Entertainment, so we always get cool opportunities to start new shows twice a season (spring to summer, summer to Fright Fest), help with concerts, work with the media, and think outside the box on a daily basis. In my first season, I did the following: 1) Produce, direct, and choreograph shows and holiday performances 2) Run auditions and cast performers 3) Manage talent for media events 4) Organize/clean Entertainment areas 5) Mixing of music and performance tracks 6) Sewing up holes and tears in costumes 7) Laundry 8) Scheduling employees And much more! Our department expects us to pretty much do anything that needs to be done. During the first few weekdays of the park being open, I even helped operate some rides as many of our Rides employees are high-school students and were still in school when we had events during the day. It's my understanding that this isn't something that's practiced at just our park, but at all of the Six Flags parks. Some people may see this as a negative thing, but I think it's great because it makes the job interesting and adds a lot of skills to my resume!

Cons

Lower pay than some other theme parks Some areas of the park need to be updated As long as you approach this job with a willingness to learn and a positive and bright attitude around guests, you can move up in the ranks and really grow.

Advice to Management

A fresh coat of paint can go a long way!