There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

Delivered fast and friendly customer service

Pros

Flexible hours, great people, opportunity for upward mobility

Cons

Very busy during peak hours, often work long hours, may work outdoors during seasons

Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags

Varies from park to park

Former Employee - Foods Host in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Foods Host in Arlington, TX

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a decent summer job I guess; Some parts are air conditioned. You'll get a tan by the end. The employee perks are a decent bonus, including free admission for yourself and another, plus free extra tickets periodically.

Cons

Management cheats employees out of lunch breaks; is unresponsive to employee complaints; has unreliable scheduling; sets unrealistic requirements resulting in 75% turnover in some departments

Advice to Management

Stop the turnover! You've lost and alienated employees this way. The $10 over and under till rule forced me to quit, though I never stole. When you handle thousands of dollars on a busy day, mistakes can happen!

2. Any Department but Entertainment!!!

Former Employee - Greeter/Character Escort in Agawam, MA
    Former Employee - Greeter/Character Escort in Agawam, MA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Employee Benefits Pay raise every season Ability to get rewards throughout the season Great guest experience Free tickets and 30% off everything

Cons

Entertainment was the worst. They expected perfection without really training for it. 6 managers all telling me different things and then getting mad at me for following other managers. Was blacklisted and never told I was fired. They never gave me a reason and even made it look like I was going to be hired again until security kicked me out.

Advice to Management

First, all leads and managers should be on the same page. The goal is to get guests to go see characters,right? Find a way to get together and not have different opinions. Second, actually tell someone they're not allowed back and what reason. Most people will be hurt, but if you tell them WHY they weren't welcomed back maybe they can learn for their next job. I still don't know what I did wrong!