There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

Unique Environment

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive  in  Agawam, MA
Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Agawam, MA

I worked at Six Flags full-time

Pros

paid +/- 2 week break at the end of the year, depending how the calendar falls, on top of your regular vacation.

Cons

Be prepared to give up your summer. And part of your spring and fall too.

451 Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags (View Most Recent)

Best Job for High School students

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Austell, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austell, GA

I worked at Six Flags full-time for less than a year

Pros

"Moving up" is not a problem. They have 16 year old store managers. Work as an associate one summer and the next you could be eligible for a Supervisor position. You gain some sales and business experience.

Cons

The pay is horrible for someone who was a college student at the time. On the other hand, a high school kid with no bills to pay would consider themselves rich. Be ready to walk if you work here. Especially if you work as a cashier. You're lucky if you're able to stay in one or two stores all day. You sometimes have an hour break, sometimes 30 minutes, depending on how much your supervisor likes you. Mind you some of that break time is spent walking back to the front of the park where the employee mess hall is and walking back to your post. You will be tired by the end of the day. I was 20 when I worked here but I was working with majority 16-18 year olds. Be prepared for high school drama. Also, don't expect to have many days off. You will be working all holidays during the summer. Make friends so that you can work for each other.

Breaks should start when employees actually reach the cafeteria so that they don't have to run in order to have enough time to eat lunch. Also consider giving more pay raises to those who are deserving,not everyone working there is a high school student.

Great the first couple of months at the Corporate Office.....Then......

I have been working at Six Flags full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Its a Job at the Corporate Office

Cons

Have to deal with people that are still stuck in the 1960s. In thinking, hiring, and comments.

I have had some things said to me that would Never be acceptable at any company. Yes, I am a miniority here. The biggest concern of mine is that the parks are very diverse, but when you actually look at the corporate office you dont see the reflection of the diversity.. I for number one have a problem with that!

Just to say the least I had a fellow Employee tell me why dont I get married on Juneteenth... Reported it to my boss and nothing ever happened... Thats a problem!

I hope that the company wakes up at some point and dont fall victim to what has happened in the past.

Open your minds...............

There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!