Remind Me Again What it Is I Do Here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Six3 Systems

Pros

I had a very positive initial experience with Six3. I had an overseas billet that was very rewarding professionally and very well compensated. My first boss was great. Six3 made an effort to keep me on in a CONUS position when my deployment was over and the salary was quite competitive. I was given a generous bonus in recognition for my efforts on a large contract bid that was ultimately successful. The company supported my PMP certification and It seemed like I was getting in on the ground floor of an up-and-coming organization.

Cons

After my first boss was let go, Six3 management did not seem to know what to do with me. The initial plans they had for me seemed to flounder, and there was no Plan B. I had next to no situational awareness of our business plans, and I was rarely asked for my input on anything related to my subject matter expertise. I felt useless and frustrated. My new boss rarely spoke to me. The longest conversations we had was (a) when I was hired, and (b) when I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Communication, communication, communication. Don't waste talent.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Rapid growth without a solidified structure or plan leads to poor communication.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Six3 Systems

Pros

They pay reasonably well, if you can negotiate it. When HSA was bought, Bob Coleman seemed to define the pay structure better than when it was previously owned. The benefits are good, they'll match your 401k (put in 5%, they'll give you 4%) with no vesting.

Cons

No communication, and when it does happen, expect to be talked down to. The company has not defined it's goals, or if it has, they haven't been communicated to anyone on the staff. The main goal so far is, "make more money, don't define a sector in which to make it", which leads to a myriad of questions about where the company will be in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Define the direction of the company; is it a security company or a technology company or both? Settle the middle management shifting as soon as possible (and ditch the ones that haven't worked out).

2. A Good Fit, At A Rough Time

Current Contractor - Intelligence Analyst in Qandahārī, Baghlan Province (Afghanistan)

I have been working at Six3 Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a wide range of positions available with Six3 Systems, and the company will work with you to find a good fit. The onboarding process is streamlined and professional and if you are ready to begin your new position, they will work to place you as quickly as possible. Decent salaries, good benefits.

Cons

As a subcontractor the positions can end with very short notice, and there is no guarantee that there will be another contract hiring in the company if your's ends. Great for contract work, not so sure about longevity.

Advice to Management

Ensure that all necessary information is making it to OCONUS employees who may not have regular access to e-mail or communications. This has been an issue as the company merges under CACI.