Skadden Arps

The Ultimate Law Firm

Associate (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Skadden Arps full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent compensation. The best legal minds in the business. Collegial atmosphere - think "corporate family". Access to really interesting and cutting-edge work.

ConsPrepare to live in the office, and be on call 24/7 if you want to get ahead. Not that friendly to women when it comes to making partner (with the exception of the NY office).

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in place some career mentoring programs for women and minorities in particular.

Hard work, high rewards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Skadden Arps

Pros: Compensation, dealflow, quality of work and scores of intimidatingly intelligent… Cons: Long hours and a culture of staying until the deal… More

Demanding and lack of work life balance, but good compensation

Legal Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Skadden Arps

Pros: - Competetive salary - Supportive colleagues - Exposure to big law at one of… Cons: - Menial and tedious work - Not sure why you are being asked to… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication between management and legal assistants is required. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Skadden Arps.

Worked for Skadden Arps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Skadden Arps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Skadden Arps CEO Earle Yaffa. All reviews posted anonymously by Skadden Arps employees.