Skanska USA Civil

www.usa.skanska.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Skanska USA Civil

This is a solid company but treats employees like mushrooms.

Current Employee - Field Engineer II in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Field Engineer II in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Skanska USA Civil

Pros

Rewarding work, with results that I can be proud of. I felt that I moved quickly and had a great deal of responsibility.

Cons

Incredibly difficult hours, and often had to move from across country at a moment's notice, with very little assistance. Management also told me one thing and did another.

Be more transparent in discussions with direct reports. Also, there needs to be a better system for performance review, as my reviews were often completed by managers who had not been involved in my work and did not know what I actually did!

27 Other Employee Reviews for Skanska USA Civil (View Most Recent)

Great place to have a lifelong career.

I have been working at Skanska USA Civil

Pros

People stay here for a long time because this is such a great company to stick with.

Cons

The hours can be long, but that is similar to most construction jobs.

a crossroads

I have been working at Skanska USA Civil

Pros

strong work ethic, creative thinking is generally encouraged, operations people are open to new ideas, a can do and make it work attitude prevail in field, corporate culture of safety and fairness

Cons

becoming increasingly bureaucratic, many layers have been added, meaning of titles and rank do not appear to be consistent or meaningful, promotion path are unclear and appear to be weighted more towards years of service verses merit, means of determining compensation are unclear, also company does not use the latest technology, specifically in communications

trust your field people, specifically with ethics, and continue to create/encourage this corporate value from within senior leadership vs. via a separate department, make promotion path more clear and consistent with clear goals for these, be more clear on how pay grades are established...give employees something to aim for, extend use of smart phones to below the senior levels as field and project managers are often hamstrung or must use their own to stay on target in the fast paced industry(ie texting and instant email access at any point and anytime are near essential now and their absence in the field is costing profits).

There are newer employer reviews for Skanska USA Civil