Skechers U.S.A.

www.skx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

Living at work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

When the work comes in the overtime is great. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, just don't let the chance pass you by. An honest days work.

Cons

The noise of the Conveyor belt. The radios constantly playing the same music over and over again. there is a lot of little things that could get on your nerves...like the loudspeaker and someone thinking that yelling over it would make it clearer. The leads that don't lead by example...they yell at someone for doing wrong then turn around and do it themselves. If your an agency employee Skechers takes forever to switch you over.

Take the time to show appreciation/acknowledgment to all your workers when they do a good job, DIRECTLY. Many times the leadership passes the thanks down but it never makes it to the workers. Speak directly with your people. It takes a lot of work and effective communicating to make Skechers #1.

124 Other Employee Reviews for Skechers U.S.A. (View Most Recent)

This is the worst store and company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Third Assistant Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Third Assistant Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

the pay plus commission is the only tempting thing about the job. This is the main card they throw at you in the interview.

Cons

the pay is in no way worth the abuse that every employee suffers. The company brags about handing out gifts and awards... these are only for the store managers! The districts are so spread out that if you are not in a major city then you may never see your district manager. I have contacted HR 3 times and after 3 weeks now there has still been no response. I also called the confidential hotline 4 day ago with still no response to my case number. This company is horrible. I think that after it firmly plants itself in the retail world it will be a nice place to work. until then, they are cheap and have no respect for the employees.

begin evaluating the store managers more carefully. The secret shops only happen when the store manager is not present, by including them into this "test" they could lead by example.

How is working there?

Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A.

Pros

-meet good people
    -always can count on someone else
    -if you don't like another associate, in a few weeks, you two will be working so hard together
    that you'll become friends.

Cons

-horrible management
    -bad pay
    -stupid customers
    -very fit. You have to walk and run alot to get shoes.
    -If management treats you bad, you won't know that you can call hr.

Do better
    Get involved
    Actually care, if you don't then leave.
    Its not corporate, because I like when they come
    Its really the managers they hire.
    They one I worked with, was lazy.
    Wasn't good with leading or training.
    Wasn't very genuine, or sympathetic
    Will tell you to do your job, but NEVER does it herself, unless corporate is there.

There are newer employer reviews for Skechers U.S.A.