SkillPath Corporate Strategies

A Great Sales Opportunity for the Right Person

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager  in  Mission, KS
Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Mission, KS

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

As a Regional Account Manager at SkillPath, I get a great deal of job satisfaction in what I do and how I contribute to both the company and my earning potential. First of all, this sales position is an inside sales position that is phone based B2B selling of somewhat complex training solutions. A lot of people think that selling over the phone is telemarketing but this is anything but. There is no script and so many opportunities to sell...if you have a good work ethic and want it bad enough!

The training I received prepared me for what to expect and there are many tenured Account Managers and Supervisors that do everything possible to help you as you are learning. The people are great and a lot of them have been here in the sales department for many years, some as long as 15 years!

There is a respectable base salary but where you will really make money is in the commission structure, which is uncapped. The benefits are excellent as well and certainly are a big appeal to many of the employees.

Overall, you need to have the right selling mind-set to be successful in this position. This is not a position that you are going to take just to sit in a cube and make a few phone calls to collect a base salary.

Typically, you only read negatives from people who didn't make it in a sales position but I think it is important to point out that there are many people who have made this a selling career and are very proud of their job and the company they are working for, myself included.

Cons

The biggest challenge of this position is the in the first couple of months when you are in training and developing your territory. The "ramp-up" is a critical part of the process and there is a lot of focus on call stats and pipeline development. Coming from a sales background, I understand that this is the case in any sales position. Everyone at SkillPath was very honest about what to expect coming into this position and it made me want to work harder.

Sales departments experience extreme highs and lows all the time as this is the nature of sales. The management works very hard to get everyone on their teams performing. Understandably, they cannot be available to everyone at all times and they tend to get pulled in a lot of different directions.

30 Other Employee Reviews for SkillPath Corporate Strategies (View Most Recent)

An OK place to work. OK...no more, no less.

Current Employee - Training Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Training Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

Good experience that looks good on a resume. Good exposure.

Cons

Pay is relatively low and some of the hotels are crappy. Work is not guaranteed. Facilitator's guides are a joke.

Get new workbooks and facilitator's guides. Don't put so much emphasis on product sales. Don't make the commission scale so unreachable.

Skillpath is sinking from poor leadership and a business model that is tired and old.

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros

it is a 8 hour day and the account manager are nice people.

Cons

terrible management, cold calling all day, little or no leads (usuailly unqualified to purchase)no job security

Advice to management- Stop rolling through employees and start investing in changing your business model to fit in with the true market. Change your mindset from blaming employees for lack of sales and take a closer look at the product, the competition, and the market. Your business model is old and tired. You are not going to make it out of the recession by doing the same old things and expecting different results. Ask the employees what you can do to make them feel better about working for you. Try to gain their trust because they work in fear of losing their job and they only tell you want you want to hear rather than the truth. Your marketing is terrible yet you brag about it? Get a grip on it and look at hiring a professional outside firm, your marketing supplies 3 leads per month per consultant, what a joke and a waste of time and money. You have your work cut out and sadly you are not mature enough in order to look in the mirror and identify your faults and make real change. Robb, you need to fire your VP and Team Leaders. I was there first hand and saw the lack of leadership. I could have been utilized to enhance your business but your leadership team was to shor sighted to see a valuable asset right n front of them. Your business whould be doing more than double what it is doing now. I could have helped you but again, your TL's and VP are not the professionals you think they are. Wow, I could have helped Skillpath. Too late now.

There are newer employer reviews for SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Worked for SkillPath Corporate Strategies? Contribute to the Community!