SkillPath Corporate Strategies
www.skillpath.com Mission, KS 150 to 499 Employees

A Great Sales Opportunity for the Right Person

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
Mission, KS

ProsAs a Regional Account Manager at SkillPath, I get a great deal of job satisfaction in what I do and how I contribute to both the company and my earning potential. First of all, this sales position is an inside sales position that is phone based B2B selling of somewhat complex training solutions. A lot of people think that selling over the phone is telemarketing but this is anything but. There is no script and so many opportunities to sell...if you have a good work ethic and want it bad enough!

The training I received prepared me for what to expect and there are many tenured Account Managers and Supervisors that do everything possible to help you as you are learning. The people are great and a lot of them have been here in the sales department for many years, some as long as 15 years!

There is a respectable base salary but where you will really make money is in the commission structure, which is uncapped. The benefits are excellent as well and certainly are a big appeal to many of the employees.

Overall, you need to have the right selling mind-set to be successful in this position. This is not a position that you are going to take just to sit in a cube and make a few phone calls to collect a base salary.

Typically, you only read negatives from people who didn't make it in a sales position but I think it is important to point out that there are many people who have made this a selling career and are very proud of their job and the company they are working for, myself included.

ConsThe biggest challenge of this position is the in the first couple of months when you are in training and developing your territory. The "ramp-up" is a critical part of the process and there is a lot of focus on call stats and pipeline development. Coming from a sales background, I understand that this is the case in any sales position. Everyone at SkillPath was very honest about what to expect coming into this position and it made me want to work harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales departments experience extreme highs and lows all the time as this is the nature of sales. The management works very hard to get everyone on their teams performing. Understandably, they cannot be available to everyone at all times and they tend to get pulled in a lot of different directions.

An OK place to work. OK...no more, no less.

Training Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros: Good experience that looks good on a resume. Good… Cons: Pay is relatively low and some of the hotels are crappy.… Advice to Senior Management: Get new workbooks and facilitator's guides. Don't put so much… More

Skillpath is sinking from poor leadership and a business model that is tired and old.

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SkillPath Corporate Strategies

Pros: it is a 8 hour day and the account manager… Cons: terrible management, cold calling all day, little or no leads… Advice to Senior Management: Advice to management- Stop rolling through employees and start investing in changing your business model to fit in with the true market. Change your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SkillPath Corporate Strategies.

Worked for SkillPath Corporate Strategies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SkillPath Corporate Strategies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SkillPath Corporate Strategies CEO Robb Garr. All reviews posted anonymously by SkillPath Corporate Strategies employees.