Skills
www.skillsinc.com Auburn, WA

Too many chiefs, not enough indians

Waterville, ME

ProsIt is a non-profit organization that runs really good programs for handicapped individuals. I enjoyed working with my clients. I feel like I made a difference in their lives.

Cons"Policies" change from day to day, depending on which supervisor is in charge that day. Everyone has a different way of running things, and the chain of command is not followed. Low-level employees are not valued at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should treat your employees better. We have great ideas, and if we're allowed to show our initiative and creativity, we could improve services 100 fold.

20 plus years of management and always at the top of my class.

Multi General Manager (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Skills full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Skills must be obtainable and you have to create an environment that employees like… Cons: Being a perfectionist sometimes creates employee jealousy and it can… Advice to Senior Management: You have to create a motivational team with a clear understanding of goals.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work is work

Penetrant Inspector Level II (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Skills full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Not a minimum wage job and comes with comes with health, dental and… Cons: Not a minimum wage job, but pretty low for beginners… Advice to Senior Management: Try to know your employees and give them what they really want. A lot of people working at your company is having to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Skills.

Worked for Skills? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Skills reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Skills employees.