There are newer employer reviews for Skills

Too many chiefs, not enough indians

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

I have been working at Skills

Pros

It is a non-profit organization that runs really good programs for handicapped individuals. I enjoyed working with my clients. I feel like I made a difference in their lives.

Cons

"Policies" change from day to day, depending on which supervisor is in charge that day. Everyone has a different way of running things, and the chain of command is not followed. Low-level employees are not valued at all.

You should treat your employees better. We have great ideas, and if we're allowed to show our initiative and creativity, we could improve services 100 fold.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Skills (View Most Recent)

20 plus years of management and always at the top of my class.

Former Employee - Multi General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Multi General Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Skills full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Skills must be obtainable and you have to create an environment that employees like to come to work. Solid training,positive feedback create positive skills in the work place.

Cons

Being a perfectionist sometimes creates employee jealousy and it can be a negative.

You have to create a motivational team with a clear understanding of goals. You will obtain bottom line profits based on a well organized lead team.

Work is work

Former Employee - Penetrant Inspector Level II in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Penetrant Inspector Level II in Seattle, WA

I worked at Skills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a minimum wage job and comes with comes with health, dental and 401k after few months of employment. People are pretty chill and supervisors are friendly,

Cons

Not a minimum wage job, but pretty low for beginners compared to other companies in he industry and rarely any raise.

Try to know your employees and give them what they really want. A lot of people working at your company is having to decide weather to spent on gas or food every month. A raise a year to keep up with the economy will be really helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Skills