Wonderful organization!

I have been working at Skip of New York part-time

Pros

It is definitely a refreshing outlook on a forgotten community. As an employee, I am an avid enthusiast of this company's motive. Even if I wasn't hired, I would support their cause either way. Fantastic personnel.

Cons

There are no cons in terms of their relationship to consumers, however the organization can definitely work on adding more assistants for the recruiters who are often times swamped with too much work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

An Opportunity to Work for People with Disabilities - Best experience - However, Constant Micromanaging.

I worked at Skip of New York

Pros

A wonderful opportunity to with with people who have developmental disabilities and their families. Meeting parents and discussing their child's services, as well as meeting the consumers to understand their needs. There is a window time between 8am and 9:30am to get to work which was flexible for employees, plus two fifteen minute breaks.

Cons

The upper administrative staff consistantly harasses the staff by micromanaging. I never heard of an HR Director who does every job (MSC, CAH, HCBS, etc.) in the agency and barks orders at them; however, she has never worked those jobs. Having meetings with either HR or Executive Director was intimidating at times.

Advice to Management

My advice for the management would be to let staff and their supervisors do their jobs. Staff should only report to their supervisors - not HR Director. The working environment would be a better place and people would do their jobs more efficiently without being intimidated by the management. This causes a defective work performance and jeopordizes the agency.

Gave me experience with teaching children/teenagers, particularly ones with disabilities.

I have been working at Skip of New York

Pros

You get to help and teach people who truly need it.

Cons

Do not get enought pay.

Advice to Management

None.