Sky
jobs.sky.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Shockingly poor management and lots of politics.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Sky full-time for more than a year

ProsInteresting projects, some really good people, great perks, agile software development and a great brand to have on your CV.

ConsReally poor people management, some of the worst managers I've ever come across particularly in the technology division. Very political as an organisation with people spending more time fighting each other than the competitors.

Some of the guys who run the technology division are simply there to feather their own nests and fret more about how they look in front of the boss rather than delivering some real value. My advice is go find another company if you can. Having 2 years of employment at Sky is no bad thing but don't think you'll enjoy that 2 years.

A HR dept that does god knows what! Probably the worst HR dept known to man.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip on some of the people you've employed in senior positions. I would fundamentally think about whether there is the right senior team in place to run the business and create a place that is happy.

I hate to say it but the current culture and behaviours need to be completely binned and started again. Your current financial results mean you can get away with it for now, but do you really have an innovation engine that will keep the results going for the next 5, 10 or 15 years?

achieve anything you want

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than a year

Pros: sky is fast paced, we pride ourselves on challenging the norm, doing things better… Cons: you need to be a self starter to excel here… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best job I've had...

Consultant (Current Employee)
Isleworth, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for less than a year

Pros: All preconceptions went out the window when I started at Sky, even though they're a big company, the emphasis they place on looking after their… Cons: It would be great if there was more of a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sky.

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!

Sky – Why Work for Us?

We Believe in Better. It’s not just a slogan. Put simply, Believe in Better is our DNA. It’s how we approach everything; from creating game-changing entertainment and making our products effortless to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sky reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch. All reviews posted anonymously by Sky employees.