Sky

jobs.sky.com

Shockingly poor management and lots of politics.

(Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInteresting projects, some really good people, great perks, agile software development and a great brand to have on your CV.

ConsReally poor people management, some of the worst managers I've ever come across particularly in the technology division. Very political as an organisation with people spending more time fighting each other than the competitors.

Some of the guys who run the technology division are simply there to feather their own nests and fret more about how they look in front of the boss rather than delivering some real value. My advice is go find another company if you can. Having 2 years of employment at Sky is no bad thing but don't think you'll enjoy that 2 years.

A HR dept that does god knows what! Probably the worst HR dept known to man.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip on some of the people you've employed in senior positions. I would fundamentally think about whether there is the right senior team in place to run the business and create a place that is happy.

I hate to say it but the current culture and behaviours need to be completely binned and started again. Your current financial results mean you can get away with it for now, but do you really have an innovation engine that will keep the results going for the next 5, 10 or 15 years?

You might want to try it ... but not for too long

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

I worked at Sky full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: * good benefits * good on CV * great colleagues * interesting projects (if… Cons: * lack of technical direction * CYA change management * blame culture * silosed teams * useless HR * high stress environment * constant political games * clueless senior management * unrealistic project… Advice to Senior Management: Change. Empower people. Start thinking about more than short-term budget targets. And… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent so far

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time for less than a year

Pros: agile, fast paced, exciting. Great brand in the UK, growing… Cons: location, compensation can be on the low side, could be a bit… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sky.

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!