There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest Airlines

SkyWest is place where employees can be close to the action.

Pros

If you like to fly, then this is a great place to work. As a SkyWest employee you get travel benefits on a space available basis on a variety of partner airlines. I have been to several places on weekend trips that I never would have gone to otherwise. Also, if you like feeling like you are close to the "big hitters" of the company, the overhead and management teams are small compared to the size of the company, so you get to interact with upper management pretty regularly. They have a decent benefits package and the travel industry is always changing somehow. Makes for some interesting work days.

Cons

Because the management team is pretty small, promotions and advancement is irregular at best. There isn't really a career path or standard progression like you would see at bigger companies. It usually takes someone else leaving or being promoted to open up oppoutunites for advancement, and the upper managment team has been in place for quite a while, some people as much as 10 years in the same position. Also, because our industry is so visible to the public, everyone you meet has an opinion on why Airlines are aweful, but the flip side is you have a connection to almost everyone you meet.

Advice to Management

As the industry around us is changing, we need to lead and embrace changes internally/

Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

1. Great Company

Pros

Great people, executive leadership knows what they are doing, forward-thinking company

Cons

Great company but low pay makes it hard to be able to stay unless you are in an upper management position

2. Love the people

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the opportunities available and the people I work with. Many choices for insurance benefits and flight benefits are AWESOME!

Cons

Pay is in line with the rest of the airline ground handlers.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about that much can be learned from the frontline and people with seniority.