There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest Airlines

SkyWest is place where employees can be close to the action.

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines

Pros

If you like to fly, then this is a great place to work. As a SkyWest employee you get travel benefits on a space available basis on a variety of partner airlines. I have been to several places on weekend trips that I never would have gone to otherwise. Also, if you like feeling like you are close to the "big hitters" of the company, the overhead and management teams are small compared to the size of the company, so you get to interact with upper management pretty regularly. They have a decent benefits package and the travel industry is always changing somehow. Makes for some interesting work days.

Cons

Because the management team is pretty small, promotions and advancement is irregular at best. There isn't really a career path or standard progression like you would see at bigger companies. It usually takes someone else leaving or being promoted to open up oppoutunites for advancement, and the upper managment team has been in place for quite a while, some people as much as 10 years in the same position. Also, because our industry is so visible to the public, everyone you meet has an opinion on why Airlines are aweful, but the flip side is you have a connection to almost everyone you meet.

Advice to Management

As the industry around us is changing, we need to lead and embrace changes internally/

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest Airlines (More than 5 years)

Pros

Treat employees well, good overnights

Cons

Low pay, no union, some management won't allow growth

2. Sky West Ramp Agent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest Airlines

Pros

The flight benefits are great if you have time to use them and flights aren't booked heavily. The access to other airlines is good to .

Cons

Moral was pretty low. I found my self trapped by the idea of flight benefits. I didn't want to loose them but I wasn't able to use them either. Had a lot of opportunities once I left. Opportunity Cost can be high.

Advice to Management

Get involved. Give support. Accommodate schedules.