There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest Airlines

Quick & dirty review of SkyWest

Current Employee - EMB Captain in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - EMB Captain in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines

Pros

Good company with upgrade opportunities, good people, good equipment, good schedules, good work rules.

Cons

TDY positions are not bid for, but assigned by crew support according to who they like/dislike

Advice to Management

Improve the quality of our crew rooms, worst crew rooms I've seen in the industry. Most FBO's have better crew rooms than we do.

reviews filtered by

Solid company in a struggling industry

Current Employee - Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines

Pros

SkyWest has an adaptable and flexible culture, with people who are willing to jump in and work hard and tackle problems head on. They are very good at recognizing future leaders and rewarding good work with promotions when available. When something doesn't work or doesn't make sense, management is very good at listening to the problem and working to solve it. Employees can feel that their best interests are being looked after.

Cons

As part of the airline industry, there are difficulties that come from that, such as relatively poor wages, interacting with snooty and disagreeable passengers on a daily basis, and the general diseased state of the airline industry negatively affecting morale. Having to abide by the rules and regulations of our mainline partners can get tedious, as does trying to make any changes, since they not only have to work through our management but the management of United and Delta as well.

Advice to Management

Continue working toward expanding our capacity purchase agreements with other airlines, especially better ones who seem to have a clearer picture of where they are headed. Bring back the Double Down program in order to encourage all employees to figure out ways to save costs and improve our operations.

Skywest management stay on course while exploring new opportunities.

Current Employee - Captain
    Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines

Pros

Stability within the industry and a long term management team in place.

Cons

Time away from home. Average compensation. Below average time off.

Advice to Management

More elections within the 401k plan. Allow highly compensated employees to have a 401k plan apart from other employees

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest Airlines