SkyWest

Get on board and Enjoy Your Journey

Current Employee - CS-Supervisor
Current Employee - CS-Supervisor

I have been working at SkyWest

Pros

Team work and flexibility of schedule. Fast paced and growing company

Cons

Pay scales tend to fluctuate greatly depending on station. Primarily based on cost of living within in certain markets. Should be balanced arcross the board

Continue to be connected with agents, pilots and flight attendants. A lot of knowledge and wisdom that will allow the company to continue to grow and prosper

124 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

Quick & dirty review of SkyWest

Current Employee - EMB Captain in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - EMB Captain in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SkyWest

Pros

Good company with upgrade opportunities, good people, good equipment, good schedules, good work rules.

Cons

TDY positions are not bid for, but assigned by crew support according to who they like/dislike

Improve the quality of our crew rooms, worst crew rooms I've seen in the industry. Most FBO's have better crew rooms than we do.

Solid company in a struggling industry

Current Employee - Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SkyWest

Pros

SkyWest has an adaptable and flexible culture, with people who are willing to jump in and work hard and tackle problems head on. They are very good at recognizing future leaders and rewarding good work with promotions when available. When something doesn't work or doesn't make sense, management is very good at listening to the problem and working to solve it. Employees can feel that their best interests are being looked after.

Cons

As part of the airline industry, there are difficulties that come from that, such as relatively poor wages, interacting with snooty and disagreeable passengers on a daily basis, and the general diseased state of the airline industry negatively affecting morale. Having to abide by the rules and regulations of our mainline partners can get tedious, as does trying to make any changes, since they not only have to work through our management but the management of United and Delta as well.

Continue working toward expanding our capacity purchase agreements with other airlines, especially better ones who seem to have a clearer picture of where they are headed. Bring back the Double Down program in order to encourage all employees to figure out ways to save costs and improve our operations.

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest