There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

Good(aka decent) for the young or retired, not for those in need of cash!

Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Durango, CO
Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Durango, CO

I worked at SkyWest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flight benefits to travel globally and the oppurtunity to meet many new cool people from all around the world! Offers some health benefits, they fork out about half.

Cons

Many of the Mid-Lower levels of management are often those lacking management training and often on a power trip. Don't get me wrong I know a few great station managers, but I know many aweful ones. The pay is horrible after just under for years I was only making 10.50/hr(+1.75/hr) for supervisor shifts that I worked. Benefits are increasingly getting worse, and cost of them are going up! It's more like a trap, you get addicted to the freedom and ability to hop on an airplane at will, you hate the job but you refuse to walk away from the flights.

Pull your heads out of your ass, when I started with SkyWest it was a great company - for the first year, two if you're lucky. After that it all went downhill, and I only see it half way down the hill, your brakes are already burnt up, time to treat your employees just a little bit better.

reviews filtered by
  1. Entertaining

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at SkyWest

Pros

Free Flights around the world

Good pay compared to the level of experience required

Entertaining job and not very demanding

Fun to work at the ramp

Cons

Schedule changes a lot

Working under the rain

Not enough opportunities for professional development outside of corporate

Dealing with upset passengers is difficult.

While the company is expanding and buying other airlines, there are stations closing, and reduction in hours. A company should strengthen its people before it strengthens the brand.

2. Lovely co-workers horrible company to work for..

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at SkyWest

Pros

pretty decent pay if you consider 10.25 per hour good.
    The other employees were so amazing I honestly miss working there only because I miss the people.

Cons

The amount or work required for the amount of money being made not worth it at all.
    Full time must work 55+ hours every week
    System to clock in everyday was horrible (come to work on time only to be counted as late because the system didn't work properly and they did not care)
    weather conditions were horrible! working outside in -10 degree weather for hours on end and kiosk with broken heaters made it even worse.
    Frost bite damage (i haven't worked there in over a year now and i still don't have feeling in my toes its damaged for life)

You can advance to management if you work there for 40 years!

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest