SkyWest

www.skywest.com
  www.skywest.com
There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

SkyWest Airlines needs a lot of work

Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Fargo, ND

I worked at SkyWest full-time (less than an year)

Pros

SkyWest is a good company to work for. Especially for newcomers who have never worked in the airline industry before. A lot of employees work for a small regional carrier like this one, before they move on to bigger and better things with one of the large name-brand carriers.

Cons

Although SkyWest is a non-union company, you would swear they were unionized, because seniority is all-important in local operations. The more senior team members get more favorable schedules, the newbies get whatever is left. The starting wage leaves much to be desired, but full time employees do have access to a standard set of benefits ... medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.

You really need to work on your people skills. The reason I left your employ was because you would not work with me when I brought to your attention that I needed scheduling consideration for Sundays, because Sunday is my day of worship. You didn't care, even though I asserted my rights under federal law which require an employer to make a reasonable accommodation to an employee.

115 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

Good(aka decent) for the young or retired, not for those in need of cash!

Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Durango, CO
    Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Durango, CO

I worked at SkyWest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flight benefits to travel globally and the oppurtunity to meet many new cool people from all around the world! Offers some health benefits, they fork out about half.

Cons

Many of the Mid-Lower levels of management are often those lacking management training and often on a power trip. Don't get me wrong I know a few great station managers, but I know many aweful ones. The pay is horrible after just under for years I was only making 10.50/hr(+1.75/hr) for supervisor shifts that I worked. Benefits are increasingly getting worse, and cost of them are going up! It's more like a trap, you get addicted to the freedom and ability to hop on an airplane at will, you hate the job but you refuse to walk away from the flights.

Pull your heads out of your ass, when I started with SkyWest it was a great company - for the first year, two if you're lucky. After that it all went downhill, and I only see it half way down the hill, your brakes are already burnt up, time to treat your employees just a little bit better.

Customer Service/Ramp Agent

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at SkyWest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Travel benefits. Flexibility when able to trade shifts.

Cons

Management lacks leadership. Overall Moral. Working outside in extreme weather. Health Benefits are too high.

Positive enforcement is always better than negative and threats.

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest